Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei Neotec 2 + Sena SRL  (Read 351 times)

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Shoei Neotec 2 + Sena SRL
« on: February 24, 2020, 12:04:39 AM »
Well I've splurged the cash and stumped up for new helmets for me and the wife (not matching colours as that is just fucking sad). First time with a flip front helmet and also a first with an intercom. Not had chance to ride yet and test them but they feel well made (and so it should do for what they cost) and I'm sure will be more practical comfortable and quieter than the Arai it is replacing. So since turning 40 a couple of years ago the sports bike has gone and been replaced with the XR, leathers replaced with textiles and gloves that are actually waterproof, boots that are waterproof and super comfy and now a flip up helmet instead of a race replica. What is happening to me??? I think some sort of therapy is required.

Offline gusthemus

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
Re: Shoei Neotec 2 + Sena SRL
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 01:29:29 AM »
I’ve got the same setup and really like it. I think the post 40 thing is partly the fact that most of us are getting to a better place financially and looking at quality over just price.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 07:46:05 AM »
or you are growing up - welcome to old age ... :008: :008: pipe and slippers next and don't worry a bus pass will be along soon so you won't even need the bike  :745:   nice set up by the way .

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by wilbert [+]
Well I've splurged the cash and stumped up for new helmets for me and the wife (not matching colours as that is just fucking sad). First time with a flip front helmet and also a first with an intercom. Not had chance to ride yet and test them but they feel well made (and so it should do for what they cost) and I'm sure will be more practical comfortable and quieter than the Arai it is replacing. So since turning 40 a couple of years ago the sports bike has gone and been replaced with the XR, leathers replaced with textiles and gloves that are actually waterproof, boots that are waterproof and super comfy and now a flip up helmet instead of a race replica. What is happening to me??? I think some sort of therapy is required.

With you being just over 40 your post most certainly gives cause for concern  :001:,we too have had new helmets this winter and i’m pleased to report after 3 previous Arai  rx7’s the latest V model is actually both quiet and vents well and most certainly not matching....

My wife has gone textile as she has been struggling to get her leg over in her old age in leathers  :008:,currently that is a step too far for me so my Dainese leather trousers are staying,we gave into decent jackets awhile i’m Klim shes’s Rukka,the stroke of luck we had some years ago when we were burgled they stole a crash helmet with half of the intercom and i’ve Made sure we haven’t had another  :001:

I’ve just had my bus pass turn up but it’ll be a cold day in hell before i’m Seen in a flip up... I think they come with a stick on beard don’t they  :152:

Judging by the weather perhaps a boat thread would be more current  :012:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:55:24 AM by Winger »

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
it’ll be a cold day in hell before i’m Seen in a flip up... I think they come with a stick on beard don’t they  :152:

Harsh...........  :152:

Offline MrFreeze

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S 1000 XR
  • Town: Amsterdam
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
I think most of us go through this motorbike-aging process :)

I started with a black Suzuki GSX-R 750 2007, then I wanted to go more out for some weekends away with the bike and friends, but wasn;t ready to let go the sports bike feeling, so i got myself a sport-tour bike: blue/grey BMW K 1200 S with cases. Smooth fast ride, but the positioning was still leaning a lot forward, so after 8000km and a sore back and wrists, I decided to go for the XR, sportsbike engine, comfort of the GS. The K1200S convinced me though to stay with BMW, thanks to ESA and all these kind of features.

Got the Shoei Neotec II and Sena intercom also, love it. My first front flip helmet too.

Now my girlfriend is going with me for a ride again also, so it's a win win for me :)

oh yeah, i'm turning 39 this year and i'm already at an XR haha
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:49:00 AM by MrFreeze »