Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali aux light mounting brackets  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Binky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Farnham
Denali aux light mounting brackets
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
Just found these on line....does anybody have any thoughts if these are a good/bad idea for light mounting and brightening up the front of the XR?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-led-lighting-universal-offset-mount-kit
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: Denali aux light mounting brackets
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:31:50 PM »
I purchased a set of these lights from clearwaterlights.com for my XR.  Clearwaterlights sells a set of the Denali lights with XR specific mounting brackets and wiring harness.  I haven't mounted them yet but you can see them mounted on an XR at the Clearwater web site.

Offline Binky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Farnham
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
Thanks RR

Do you know the part number/s for the whole shooting match and what you paid for it?
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:08:38 AM »
Go to the clearwaterlights.com website and you will be able to see the kit components and pricing for the XR.  Clearwater offered a $75 discount on orders placed when they first launched the kit for the XR in mid November; I don't know if that is still available.

Offline jakebake

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »
Hi All

Soon to give birth to an happy , smile inducing  XR soon !

If you look at the link below, this guy has fitted the dinalli lights straight to the existing fairing mounts and they look very neat.

I am collecting my XR this week to which BMW have added the same set up for the dinalli lights

mike

Offline beemerbum

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Ottawa
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 01:31:29 AM »
Yep, Clearwater Lights now has a specific fork leg mount for their LEDs, but they could be used for other pieces, and they also have (not sure if they are posted on the web site yet), a heavy duty three-point bracket for the upper fairing area - have a test set on my XR with the Erica LEDs.  And like the previous entry, I originally had some Denali DM1 and then a set of narrow/wide lens ADVmonster LEDs mounted on the upper fairing point - just used larger washers to help distribute load, although I don't think either set stressed the plastic.  I also have some (prototype) fork mounts that sit positioned on the upper section of the front forks - they can be used for single mounts or for a light bar, now under test.

Cheers, Bruce

Offline gr8ridn

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Wofford Heights
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:53 AM »
I just mounted the upper three point Clearwater mount. It is very sturdy and looks great with Darlas. This replaced my original lower front fork mounts. The new system does a better job for illumination at night due to the increased height. The best part is the setup looks very OEM, just like what you would expect if BMW offered these as an option.
2014 BMW R1200 GSAW
2016 BMW S1000XR