Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 14 Days quarantine!  (Read 2038 times)

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
14 Days quarantine!
« on: March 01, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »
Ok so you have COVID-19 and your told to self-isolate what are you going to do for the next 14 days? OK becouse of Wessie taking this sentence far to literal   :047: a caveat  of "potentially"

What new skill would you teach yourself?

Playing the hairy banjo is not the answer!  :182:  :745: 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:16:16 PM by Gazk »
After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Re: 14 Days quarantine!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
If you have COVID 19 you are going to be required to be on an isolation ward in hospital and you will be feeling rather sorry for yourself.

If you have no symptoms but may have been exposed then this is when you will self isolate but you are actually feeling well. I assume this is what you mean?

Anyway, one could spend some time perfecting recipes for frozen chicken whilst procrastinating about replacing that mouldy grout in the bathroom. Finally watch that "essential" TV series that has been sitting on the Youview/Sky box for 2 years. Perhaps double the time on the static bike, making it to half an hour a day as you can have a nap afterwards.

Offline Markymark11

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2018 MotorSport
  • Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:20:03 AM »
I would go out and breath on all my neighbours - maybe that would shut them up ! :001:  :008: - also putting your helmet on and riding for 14 days solid is a kind of isolation  :001:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:21:23 AM by Markymark11 »

Online Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 12:25:15 PM »
No putting your bike kit on is not self isolation and unless you cannot ride then it's not a new skil either :150:

My answer is learn to play the guitar, I recon 14 day's Bert Weedon's play in a day book\ Youtube sorted!  :745:
After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 12:12:56 AM »
Seriously: Anyone here have been diagnosed?  I feel this is a bonding experience since this breaks down all national borders and we unite to fight this Mexican beer.

I'm still clear, but now that I typed that, I'll likely contract it and die.  :084:
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 07:26:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by wessie [+]
If you have COVID 19 you are going to be required to be on an isolation ward in hospital and you will be feeling rather sorry for yourself.

Well that’s not my take on it,if the symptoms are that bad and life threatening then you will be in hospital,the problem being looks like many already have the said virus particularly children who are realatively unaffected.

Looks like self isolation includes the net...  :002: looking at the drop in posts on various forums  :001:

When we manage to have changed ferry/hotel bookings for various bike events which is turning into an interesting/major ball ache because how long is a piece of string on how long this will last....

Going to self learn on stripping my KTMGT I have a large box of goodies to to fit,the plan was to ride to Le-Mans next month to the learn the bike after the winter lay off but now looks like that could be some months,so it’s a decat/various dongles/Power Commander and a dyno run when the world has recovered  :046:

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »
Have just paid the balance for Brittany Ferries trip to Pyrenees on 15th May.
Hopefully will still go ahead. At least the roads over there should be even quieter than usual ! So  until then I'm going back under the stairs!  :821:
Andy
Andy

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Asw63632004 [+]
Have just paid the balance for Brittany Ferries trip to Pyrenees on 15th May.
Hopefully will still go ahead. At least the roads over there should be even quieter than usual ! So  until then I'm going back under the stairs!  :821:
Andy

There is a lot more coronavirus in Spain and France than there is in the UK and its unlikely to be much better by May  :305:
PSH

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 12:40:17 PM »
As long as travel isn't banned I'm going! :305:
Andy

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Asw63632004 [+]
As long as travel isn't banned I'm going! :305:

Certain parts of Spain already is,we have a trip to NI the same date for the NW200 i’ll Be amazed if it goes ahead never mind being on a ferry having to share my space with other spreaders assuming i’m not one at the time,we have just been rebooking hotels and other ferries for cancelled bike trips,anything this side of mid July is going to be a might gamble.