Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Interesting review from Bennets  (Read 1427 times)

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Re: Interesting review from Bennets
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 02:16:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi,

let's all just take a test ride with the new one and decide if it's worth paying 8K or more for a part ex  :018:.
It might be for some and not for others. It will have to be damn good to give up my triple black with 5K miles on it.

All the best,

RM

Exactly. Too much weight is given to online and magazine reviews. Ride it, if you like it and the deal is okay, buy it.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Interesting review from Bennets
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 07:55:15 PM »
As soon as BM announced that the new bike had longer 4/5/6th gears didn’t take much working out that the motor would need re-working so it had more grunt to pull them,the trade off being that mid range had to come from somewhere and it’s off the top end disguised as PR speak as a more sophisticated motor.....

As for the various testers hey... it’s a game both they and the manufacturers rely on each other so within reason they both play the game,probably the only time I have known that not to happen was when Honda brought out the 1200 VFR and the journo’s told it as it was and it caused a might  hoohaa I was on the other side of the fence in those days.