Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Luggage  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Blackbird165

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Bmw s1000 xr
  • Town: Windsor
Luggage
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:05:54 PM »
I am looking to attach a 30ltr tail pack for long weekend stop overs. Looked at Kriega, Bags Connection etc as I hate the hard luggage and crap looking scaffolding hanging under the seat. Anyone got any suggestions that look good and are practical. I know that Blaze Panniers are made specifically but would prefer a tail pack system?

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Luggage
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »
Kreiga gets my vote. I have the US5, 10, 20 and 30. The great thing is, you can stack them up, or just use whichever size suits the trip you are doing. Easy to fit to the bike, and 100% waterproof.

Offline MotoMachines

• XR Member
  • Town: Sterling, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 04:49:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Blackbird165 [+]
I am looking to attach a 30ltr tail pack for long weekend stop overs. Looked at Kriega, Bags Connection etc as I hate the hard luggage and crap looking scaffolding hanging under the seat. Anyone got any suggestions that look good and are practical. I know that Blaze Panniers are made specifically but would prefer a tail pack system?

Hepco & Becker makes a rear rack that would allow attachment of any which soft bag you'd like.

(That rear 'bow' that sticks up is removable, and only needed for hard luggage set-ups)

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »
Well I was lucky. I was using that Hepco & Becker top plate on my K1300S, and I pinged the plastic cover of and it bolted straight onto the standard BMW rack on the XR. Stuck the plactic cover back on and it looks like it was meant to be there. So my 52Ltr top box now clicks straight on! But to be honest, all top boxes look ugly on the XR - they sit very high  :006:

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
Another vote for Kreiga here

I have 2 x US20 and 1 x US30 I still use them on top of my Givi hard luggage if I am camping sometimes.

Offline Nelster

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:17 PM »
I'm a fan of Kriega but it can be a bit of a faff with all the straps if you want to carry 3 packs for 50/70 litres. It's fine if you can get all you want in the 30L pack.

I largely defer to a 40L waterproof roll bag for simplicity which can be found almost anywhere for a few £. Couple of bungees and jobs a good'un.

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 07:06:29 PM »
Ventura gets my vote and defo worth investing before you decide.

I've had their kit for almost 10 years and used the Aero Spada 51ltrs tail kit. My XR is the SE model and of course comes with a rack which I clamp/bolt the A'frame for the luggage to - saves buying the rails etc.

The luggage is super water proof and has never leaked, has lots of pouches to pack your bits n' pieces.

Just getting it ready for week in the Ardennes next week.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Hobo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwick
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 08:29:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Another vote for Kreiga here

I have 2 x US20 and 1 x US30 I still use them on top of my Givi hard luggage if I am camping sometimes.

how do you fit the US20 bags? I have a 35L SW-Motec rolltop bag I use on the rear rack but have been thinking of lowering the weight by strapping soft bags such as the US20's to the standard pannier racks (with straps across the pillion seat as well). Anyone done this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

dysfunctional