Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Back to the xr help needed...  (Read 1103 times)

Offline neo

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr se
  • Town: chichester
Re: Back to the xr help needed...
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
Although I have not ridden a euro 3bike before my last one was a 17 euro 4
neo

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
With strong connections to the bike trade I can assure you the average bike user out there is a mechanical muppet they do as little as they can get away with and think maintenance is a bucket of water on a Sunday,if that 18k miler was owned by a mate who was OCD then you could make a half decent case for it but the odds are who ever owned wasn’t hence i’d go for the newer bike.

As has already been said in another way 3 grand is a drop in ocean and if your thinking otherwise I’d find another game or at least a cheaper one  :001:

Online Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 11:56:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by neo [+]
cheers man I have already negotiated it to hell and back, sports se 2016 (16) 18k  , other corner sports se 5k 2018 (68), £8000.00 vs £11,000
Maybe wait a few weeks ? With the new model coming out and all of us self- isolating there may be more room for negotiation. I think it's a bit of a buyer's market. Good luck whatever you decide. They are all great bikes.  :028:
Andy

Online Parmenion

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Thessaloniki
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »
3k is a lot, and both depreciate rapidly. My first XR was a red 2016, my current is a triple black 2019. The 16 was more aggressive and had no vibration issues. Go for the EURO 3 model.

Offline neo

• XR Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 12:21:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
With strong connections to the bike trade I can assure you the average bike user out there is a mechanical muppet they do as little as they can get away with and think maintenance is a bucket of water on a Sunday,if that 18k miler was owned by a mate who was OCD then you could make a half decent case for it but the odds are who ever owned wasn’t hence i’d go for the newer bike.
The 16 plate has 5 x bmw stamps in the book and is a 2 owner bike , regardless of if I have the money it’s still 3 k cheaper I doubt I’d ha e 3k better fun on it and probably be less precious over it.. but the 68 plate is tempting .. real tricky one
As has already been said in another way 3 grand is a drop in ocean and if your thinking otherwise I’d find another game or at least a cheaper one  :001:
neo

Offline neo

• XR Member
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Parmenion [+]
3k is a lot, and both depreciate rapidly. My first XR was a red 2016, my current is a triple black 2019. The 16 was more aggressive and had no vibration issues. Go for the EURO 3 model.

Great reply I’m thinking the same , 3k is 3k , yeah I won’t have the backup of the bm warranty but 3k in the pocket. I am wavering towards the 3k saving on the euro 3
neo

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by neo [+]
Great reply I’m thinking the same , 3k is 3k , yeah I won’t have the backup of the bm warranty but 3k in the pocket. I am wavering towards the 3k saving on the euro 3

Glad you think so I think it’s bonkers,differentiating between the different X/R is laughable the motor doesn’t have a balancer shaft so it’s just down to pot luck on how the engine runs.

The rubber grommets under handle bars was the worsed thing I ever had done to mine,and when mine reaches 18k miles minus the wear and tear  i’d Be more than happy to take it back to 4.5k for 3 grand.

Offline neo

• XR Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 01:04:14 PM »
Blimey, thanks for the reassurance on models and differences, I have just had it confirmed that the euro3 has had its last (major) 18k dome at bmw to it has full bmw history. I feel the euro 3will take less of a hot than the newer 18 plate one in a few years time as she’s already taken it
neo

Online brickit

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Exeter
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
I just bought a 2017 xr, 4.5k mls with 2 year bmw warranty for  £9790.
Go on the national BMW used bike website and be prepared to travel. Sounds like you want something in between the two you've  found and that bike is definitely out there somewhere.
Bear in mind they are only going to get cheaper as 26th April gets nearer.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »
Everything in this life is relative as they say  :002: you have guy on here who is paying £16700 for a new X/R,bought my brand new X/R in 16 and my 17 KTMGT in 19 secondhand with 3000 miles cost me £22500 all in.

dysfunctional