Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from the Scottish Borders  (Read 2479 times)

Offline blackal

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW R1200 GSA
  • Town: Scottish Borders
Hello from the Scottish Borders
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »
Hi there,

Found this site, after (perhaps) narrowing down my search for a replacement for my R1200GSA.   Keen to try the XR, and see if it fits the bill.

Just need the weather to improve and get a test-ride over a weekend.

Al  :158:

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Hello from the Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:33:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  Think you'll find the test ride quite interesting   :005:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:11:01 AM »
Hi Al  :400:

Just about to complete the transformation myself. I've always fancied a sports bike but the riding position is a killer on me old back. Now there's 'sit up & beg' sports bike  :152:

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »
Had the same problem due to an earlier injury not bike related.  But the bike is  :007: and after 9k i am still loving it fast comfy and can cary enough for a 7 day trip with a wife who likes to pack the kitchen sink.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline alecg1

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: romford
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 08:49:14 AM »
I think a lot of us are in that bracket. Would be interesting to see the average age of riders. What with the cost and the appearance, not as "sexy"; I would imagine the younger market will be sticking with sports bikes. However the older and sometimes wiser of us who can afford the outlay realise the comfort issue and vision in fact let you go faster, especially on British roads.