Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Hugger and Front mudguard extenders  (Read 281 times)

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
Rear Hugger and Front mudguard extenders
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before but my search didn't really answer it:
One obvious advantage of rear hugger and front mudguard extenders is to catch more debris as it is slung towards bike and rider. Are there other advantages? Moreover, what might the disadvantages of fitting these be please?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:39:51 PM by Warree »

Online RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
Re: Rear Hugger and Front mudguard extenders
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »
No other advantages / disadvantages. That's what they do.
I have a cheap (£4 from china) front extender on mine, when out with mate on his XR without in dirty conditions, his rad had dirt thrown all way up, whereas mine only was half way up the rad. So does keep some muck off but not all

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »
Then I wonder why they don't come with extenders?
My brothers 1260S came with an extender that to fit or leave off. (Although I still prefer my XR  :028:)

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »
Have always wondered the same. Invariably end up fitting extenders. Have fitted ilmberger carbon fibre extender to the front, and wunderlich (I think) to the rear of my XR. I had a Multi at one point, which had a really short mudguard on the front wheel, didn’t go back past the suspension, but it came with an extender you could fit yourself. Why it wasn’t factory fitted I have no idea. The Multi had astonishingly bad reliability incidentally, never again.

dysfunctional