Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My Left Rear Footrest Has Disappeared  (Read 435 times)

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
My Left Rear Footrest Has Disappeared
« on: March 25, 2020, 05:22:50 PM »
Was washing my bike today and noticed that my LHS rear footrest has disappeared! Interestingly the gudgeon pin was still in place but the footrest and circlip has gone!

Dont understand how you could loose that without the pin as well. Makes me think that some b******d has taken it, but it not really been parked anywhere and out of sight for this to have happened.

So has anyone got a left side rear footrest and circlip that I could purchase?  :305: Otherwise I will have to talk to the dealer but unlikely to be accepted as a warranty claim.
PSH

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: My Left Rear Footrest Has Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:32:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Was washing my bike today and noticed that my LHS rear footrest has disappeared! Interestingly the gudgeon pin was still in place but the footrest and circlip has gone!

Dont understand how you could loose that without the pin as well. Makes me think that some b******d has taken it, but it not really been parked anywhere and out of sight for this to have happened.

So has anyone got a left side rear footrest and circlip that I could purchase?  :305: Otherwise I will have to talk to the dealer but unlikely to be accepted as a warranty claim.

You haven't got any mates taking the pi$$ have you..?? :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:35:28 PM »
Not been out with any for some time due to the virus here, or left the bike unattended.  :305:
PSH

Offline Malc65

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:46:27 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen to mine about 3 years ago I,d picked it up from having it serviced parked it in town for about 30 minutes then went home I only noticed it when I was going to take my daughter out on it and went to fold the footrest down but it had gone and like you the pin was still in I did have a moan to the dealer and he let me have one cheap so it must have got nicked in town could have been worse I suppose could of nicked the bike and left the footrest behind

Offline bobdave

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »
Some-one nicked the cover for the navmount last time I was out on mine. Its very annoying when things disappear when you park up and go for a coffee.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 11:13:24 PM »
Sadly maybe some folk from this site. Must have been stolen or why would the pin be left?? Just ordered a new one from Motorworks as BMW has closed down due to coronavirus - £72 !!  :007: :232: :305:
PSH

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:07:06 AM »
More likely that the rest cracked in way of the pin-hole - and eventually split with both parts falling clear.

Why would a thief only take the rest?   They would need to have suffered a cracked rest PLUS and took yours, leaving the pin.

It fell of - I think.

Offline Cosmobod

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Dunmow
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:56 AM »
The circlip disappeared from mine a few weeks ago, I just ordered an 8mm stainless one from ebay.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 10:58:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
More likely that the rest cracked in way of the pin-hole - and eventually split with both parts falling clear.

Why would a thief only take the rest?   They would need to have suffered a cracked rest PLUS and took yours, leaving the pin.

It fell of - I think.

Cant see how it would fall off with the circlip gone as well and then the pin relocates itself in the correct position  :305: Anyway, perhaps folk should check that their circlips are all in place  :001:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:59:21 AM by PaulS1000XR »
PSH

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »
Got a second hand footrest and circlip all for £34 and all fitted and problem solved. The pin is not that easy to insert so dont think that the footrest could have fallen off all by itself but who knows. Doubt BMW would have fixed via a warranty claim.  :305:
PSH

dysfunctional