Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brittany Ferries  (Read 498 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Brittany Ferries
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:02:14 PM »
Just as a heads up for you guys with bookings,just had an email saying our booking on April 15th has been cancelled and i’ll Get a 2 year credit note strangely nothing about the the return journey which was 5 days later I assume that will come in 5 days time?

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Brittany Ferries
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »
Probably relates to Macron's & Spain's lockdown period, but why would you want to go to France / Spain that soon?n :305:
PSH

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:09:58 PM »
The bookings where one months ago for Le-Mans if anyone contacts Brittany(I did 2 weeks) they tell you not to contact them any further away than 70 odd hours before sailing but clearly they taken it upon themselves to cancel crossings.

Offline bobdave

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 11:07:53 PM »
I am a member of the Brittany club voyage and they sent me a mail a week or so ago saying they were suspending sailings for all but cargo transport whilst we are all fighting this corona virus. I had nothing booked at this point so no big deal as long as it doesn't go on too long.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »
I have a booking for the 19th of June. My mate has bailed out of the trip so not sure whats going to happen at the moment.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:59 AM »
The email they send you has a voucher number and a value the way things are going I doubt we’ll be even close to getting out of the mire for many months too come,all the government is trying to do is suppress the spike in the epidemic but that ain’t going stop us all getting it,as the months go on holidays will be the last of our thoughts and the punch line is Brittany giving a 2 year credit.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 10:18:24 AM »
I would be happy with a credit for 2 years, no problem.

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »
For those who might have reduced income, then you can insist BF gives you a full refund, but only after they cancel the booking. This is in their terms & conditions and part of an international agreement called the Athens Convention. The voucher is an offer to delay your sailing but they cannot insist you take that option.

If you cancel the ferry booking yourself then you will lose at least your deposit, depending on the ticket type.

If you possibly can, take the voucher. The risk is that if everyone insists on a refund then BF might go under as their cash flow dries up, and there is unlikely to be another service to Spain from the UK any time soon. Same with other ferry services, especially the longer crossings.

If BF do go tits up and your voucher becomes useless then you will be covered by your bank, as long as you paid with a credit card. This only applies to those in the UK where we have Section 75 cover from banks.

I have crossings booked for Sept/Oct and I will take the voucher if the situation is the same at that time and hope to travel in Spring 2021.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »
Thats my view Wessie

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 04:31:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
The email they send you has a voucher number and a value the way things are going I doubt we’ll be even close to getting out of the mire for many months too come,all the government is trying to do is suppress the spike in the epidemic but that ain’t going stop us all getting it,as the months go on holidays will be the last of our thoughts and the punch line is Brittany giving a 2 year credit.

Had a mail this afternoon with a credit for the return journey.