Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brittany Ferries  (Read 469 times)

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
Re: Brittany Ferries
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 05:03:23 PM »
I had cancellations through yesterday for my sailings to and from st malo on 13th and 17th April. Before yesterday they had cancelled sailings up to 12th April. Now it looks like they have cancelled the next week.  So looks like they are cancelling about a 3 week period ahead and taking it a week at a time. So if you had sailings in two different weeks, you might not see your next cancellation for another week.

Had planned my routes and hotels, but there you go. Inevitable really. Have asked them for the money back as per my payment as I cannot guarantee I’ll rebook in the next 2 years, understandable that they’ve offered vouchers though, they will clearly have a big cash flow issue to manage. Though Wessie makes a good point, we don’t want them going under....but don’t want to lose the refund. Could maybe rebook Easter 2021.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:07:26 PM by Becksy »

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »
Just had a email from Brittany explaining that next year current voucher holders will get a 20% discount,quite how that will work when we have already paid.... assuming they haven’t gone bust and we are still alive.....

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 09:23:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Just had a email from Brittany explaining that next year current voucher holders will get a 20% discount,quite how that will work when we have already paid.... assuming they haven’t gone bust and we are still alive.....

Presumably they will put the prices up.

What I wonder is how they will cope with the demand for new bookings. It's chaos in the autumn in a normal year when the new schedule is released so those with cancelled bookings will be competing with those who had been making plans for 2021. I hope they bring out some sort of priority booking period for those with vouchers.

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:28:41 PM »
I got the same email, but assumed that the discount is virtually meaningless as it needs to be used by 31st July 2020. If the schedules for next Easter aren’t available until Autumn, means nothing.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 10:08:55 PM »
Blimey boys  lighten up... I viewed the email as source of entertainment... how is it going to work? Frankly couldn’t care less I’ll worry about it when I have too assuming ‘A’ I’m still on the planet and ‘B’if travelling out the country(even in a years time) is viable,because until we have all been tested to find out if we have the Carona antibodies or their is a vaccine no one is going anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:09:37 PM by Winger »

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 09:42:34 AM »
Winger, you need to lighten up! :) My only comment was that the discount was meaningless as it doesn’t align with the voucher expiry and schedules are not available. As you said, no one is going anywhere at the moment. QED. :)

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 09:44:08 AM »
Mind you, having said that, from my garden on Sunday, I heard a hell of a lot of motorbikes on essential journeys.

dysfunctional