Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S1000XR - First to use Continental Optimized Braking Curve ABS  (Read 3354 times)

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
The S1000XR is the first bike to use Continental's "Optimized Braking Curve" ABS.

We've done a small article on how it works which you can check out here:

S1000XR - First to use Continental Optimized Braking Curve ABS

Feel free to chat about the system in this topic.

Once the members get their bikes it'll be interesting to see what everyone thinks of the system or even whether it's noticeable.

:821:

Offline Tiger Man

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • Town: Gloucester
Re: S1000XR - First to use Continental Optimized Braking Curve ABS
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:27:03 PM »
One of those tech things that you need to try out I guess. ABS has come a long way over the past 10 years so I recken you wouldn't even notice it in practice.

Offline Captain99

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:46:51 AM »
It's got to be a good thing. I rode a demonstrator s1000xr on Saturday and gave it some stick. I felt nothing to hinder me, I felt traction control coming in a few times.
Although all the technology on the bike doesn't stop from tucking when your hard in Corning as I felt the front let go slightly twice when quite hard in a corner but without real big lean angle. But gotta say what a great bike

Offline Belco100

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR SE Sport
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »
Have I read that right? The XR uses a Continental ABS?

I thought all BMWs used Bosch now?

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Belco100 [+]
Have I read that right? The XR uses a Continental ABS?
I thought all BMWs used Bosch now?

I wonder if the "hardware" is Bosch and the "software" is Continental..?? Or vice-versa?? :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Matt

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:43:06 PM »
Yep, smithy is right, the Continental "bit" is essentially  algorithms within the software which interpret and act on data received from the sensors. It was the techy bods at Continental that worked on at that. BMW liked what they developed and paid them (sorry worked with them...) for the software. Don't get mixed up with hardware and software though.

However, don't forget, this info is old (from 2014/15), so I've no idea if it's changed since then? These software systems are seemless, so in reality no one would really notice. It all seems to be BMW branded these days so maybe BMW bought the rights to it for use on their products? Or maybe they have since switched to an updated Bosch system, I really don't know?

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 01:06:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Matt [+]
Yep, smithy is right,

That's twice this year....Woohoo..!  :046: :016: Although, my missus would say otherwise... :034: :015:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!