Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Changing parameters of rider modes  (Read 3840 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Changing parameters of rider modes
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14:42 AM »
Mine has never done it since I took the stock can off as for yours Smithy the motor is over fuelling hence why in the likes of Moto GP you only rarely see it because fuel consumption is so tight,but you do see in WSB a lot because errr should we say a little more lax on such.

Offline Tcochrane92

• XR Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 09:37:03 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the exhaust pops on the overrun when in Road mode with an aftermarket slip on exhaust? E.g. akrapovic

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:48 AM »
No mine never has on any mode below dynamic, either when I had the stock can on and not now with a Cobra Hypershot. You need to be in dynamic or dynamic pro.

As already mentioned, you will probably need to remap and alter the fuelling which takes knowledge and equipment and most certainly void your warranty if you still have it.

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Tcochrane92

• XR Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
Ok great, thanks for the info guys

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »
get the other half to eat Rice Krispies on the back then you'll get Snap, Crackle and Pop :745:

Sorry

I'd like a stealth mode so the Boys and Girls in Blue don't here you coming, the XR makes a nice noise as speed.
After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 08:27:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tcochrane92 [+]
Can anyone tell me if the exhaust pops on the overrun when in Road mode with an aftermarket slip on exhaust? E.g. akrapovic

If you do indeed wish the exhaust to "Pop/Crackle" on the overrun, why not just ride in Dynamic/Dynamic-Pro mode all the time..??

You can still have the "Road" suspension mode active with the Dynamic engine mapping modes on...!

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Tcochrane92

• XR Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 08:06:55 AM »
Smithy, I didn't realise you could do this. Tried it on my morning commute and result! I'll use this from now on, thanks!

Offline Waynexr1000

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Brierley Hill
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »
Very knowledgable smithy is  :745:

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Waynexr1000 [+]
Very knowledgable smithy is  :745:

Surely you jest..!? I've got nowt... :034:

It's all in the riders manual anyway.. :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Mine has never done it since I took the stock can off as for yours Smithy the motor is over fuelling hence why in the likes of Moto GP you only rarely see it because fuel consumption is so tight,but you do see in WSB a lot because errr should we say a little more lax on such.

I don't think it is overfueling, my fuel economy is actually quite good, my average has been ~5.4L/100km for quite some time now, so very similar to stock I'd guess. Can get well in excess of 320km or ~200miles+ out of a tank unless I'm riding like a twat..!  :033:

I must take a spare fuel container with me one day and see exactly how far she'll go before I'm pushing. :027:

Smithy.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:45:39 AM by smithy »

dysfunctional