Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Amsterdam: MrFreeze  (Read 649 times)

Offline Remo83

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
Re: New member from Amsterdam: MrFreeze
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 10:05:49 AM »
Hi MrFreeze,

that's a cool nick name then  :018:.
The winters aren't what they used to be anymore, so the last winter, I never stopped driving.
I just wait till the sun has increased the temperatures enough to be able to ride out in acceptable conditions.
There was only snow once, so the roads weren't covered in grid and salt which are bad for the motorcycle.
Just to be on the safe side, I hose the motorcycle down with cold water and dry it with a motorcycle (and car) dryer so all the moisture is completely gone.

All the best,

Remo

Offline MrFreeze

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S 1000 XR
  • Town: Amsterdam
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi MrFreeze,

that's a cool nick name then  :018:.
The winters aren't what they used to be anymore, so the last winter, I never stopped driving.
I just wait till the sun has increased the temperatures enough to be able to ride out in acceptable conditions.
There was only snow once, so the roads weren't covered in grid and salt which are bad for the motorcycle.
Just to be on the safe side, I hose the motorcycle down with cold water and dry it with a motorcycle (and car) dryer so all the moisture is completely gone.

All the best,

Remo
Thanks!

Yeah, I understand what you mean. There's hardly snow anymore and the cold, well you can wear some extra thermo udnerwear etc to beat that.

But a dry-box, that's super nice! OR you just have a really good sealed garage, put one of those construction dryers in there and does the same trick? :) I don't have space for that unfortunately. I live in Amsterdam in an apartment. Already glad we have our closed down (with neighbours) shared parking garage. So I park my bike behind my car, drilled one of those Abus rings in the wall and lock my bike to it. So when I perform maintenance or something, there is no private space and I have to clean and put away my tools afterwards everytime.
Renting a garagebox is an option but they are quite expensive as well here. Oh well, for now i'l manage :)

Gr.
Dennis

Offline Remo83

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
Hi MrFreeze,

my solution is not very high tech. It's basically a very large blow-dryer, that you can use for pets also. It just gets rid of all the moisture after cleaning it, so it has no chance to cause any corrosion and it also makes the bike really shine.
Nothing more than that  :002:.
Afterwards, I put it in the garage and hope for the best.

All the best,

Remo

Offline MrFreeze

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S 1000 XR
  • Town: Amsterdam
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 08:52:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi MrFreeze,

my solution is not very high tech. It's basically a very large blow-dryer, that you can use for pets also. It just gets rid of all the moisture after cleaning it, so it has no chance to cause any corrosion and it also makes the bike really shine.
Nothing more than that  :002:.
Afterwards, I put it in the garage and hope for the best.

All the best,

Remo
Thanks for the tip Remo!
The thing is, there are no power sockets in the garage unfortunately. I could park my bike on the pedestrian walkside, throw a power cable extender down from the 2nd floor (my apartment) and dry-clean it there :) I'll figure something out, I can be quite creative ^^