Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Can you turn the service light off??  (Read 1520 times)

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Can you turn the service light off??
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 06:55:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
agreed that thing is a nuisance. I had it coming up before a holiday. Should have the possibility to reset it by two weeks or 2000mls

On my car, which is an Audi, you acknowledge the message by pressing a button and the service warning goes away for the rest of the day. A much better idea  :305:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:53:32 AM by PaulS1000XR »
PSH

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by cymarcbikeparts [+]
We have the facilities and equipment to reset your service reminder. As has already been said, there is no reset button, the reminder has to be reset using the GS911 diagnostic tool, which most people won't choose to own due to the cost of it, but we have our own workshop and carry out a lot of service work on many BMW bikes.

Once the lock down is lifted, bookings will be available as normal for any and all service work including GS911 diagnostics :305:

Great service you're providing for people who aren't mechanically minded or those who are time poor.. :037:

Can't see us poor buggers from Aus and the guys in the US travelling all the way to the UK for your service though.. :008: :016: :164:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: SCUNTHORPE
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 09:49:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
Great service you're providing for people who aren't mechanically minded or those who are time poor.. :037:

Can't see us poor buggers from Aus and the guys in the US travelling all the way to the UK for your service though.. :008: :016: :164:

Smithy.
Thank you Smithy. We have actually had customers travel from continental Europe for our suspension lowering service before, but to come from AU or the U.S. would be a touch over the top really :008:

You may not be able to get our service or fitting work, but you absolutely can get our products, we ship all over the world and frequently to the U.S and AU, and remember all members of this forum get a special 10% discount off the RRP of all of our S1000XR products!

Discount code: S1000XR10

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-31-c.asp
Best regards,
Mike - Senior administrator, Cymarc Bike Parts
email - mick@cymarc.co.uk
Phone +44 7715 681911 Mon-Thurs 7-4, and Fri 7-1

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 12:06:23 PM »
there is a solution, as used by those with ABS warnings in the past: use a piece of black tape if the yellow light annoys.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 12:23:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by wessie [+]
there is a solution, as used by those with ABS warnings in the past: use a piece of black tape if the yellow light annoys.

May just do that  :305:
PSH

Offline SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 01:12:09 PM »
I think you can also disconnect your battery(needs to be long enough that the internal clock/calendar loses it's data). Not sure how long it needs to be disconnected though.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »
The way things are going make that early 2021.

As for getting the light off their are various commercial options out there but cheap they ain’t so just a case of finding those independent bike shops Who have been prepared to stump up the money for one as they work on most makes of bike.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 01:30:41 PM by Winger »

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
The way things are going make that early 2021.

As for getting the light off their are various commercial options out there but cheap they ain’t so just a case of finding those independent bike shops Who have been prepared to stump up the money for one as they work on most makes of bike.

Motoscan app and OBD-Link LX/MX isn't too expensive.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 07:22:36 AM »
Had mine turned off the last couple of years with a Texa,everyone dives into google  :001:

Offline Rowle

• XR Junior
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 05:42:58 PM »
Hi,
Can you use a standard OBD 2 checker like you would on a car ?
The connection is the same and supposed to be to “a standard” .

Curious.....

Rowle.

dysfunctional