Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Can you turn the service light off??  (Read 1518 times)

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Can you turn the service light off??
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 09:46:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rowle [+]
Hi,
Can you use a standard OBD 2 checker like you would on a car ?
The connection is the same and supposed to be to “a standard” .Curious.....Rowle.

Depends on the OBD-ll protocol of the unit you're using, some of them aren't Can-Bus capable.....and some others which you'd think were cheap/nasty seem to work fine.  :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Just a suggestion:

I spit the cost of the GS911 with some fellow BMW owners in my neighborhood.  I set my service interval to 10000 miles, and I haven't been bothered by it since.  :082:

Caution, though:  There is a limit to how many individual motorcycles can be paired to a single GS911.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 10:51:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
Just a suggestion:

I spit the cost of the GS911 with some fellow BMW owners in my neighborhood.  I set my service interval to 10000 miles, and I haven't been bothered by it since.  :082:

Caution, though:  There is a limit to how many individual motorcycles can be paired to a single GS911.

The GS-911 "Enthusiasts" edition can take 10 different VIN numbers. I've had mine for 3 years and only had it on 3 different bikes. You can set the service reminder interval to pretty much whatever you like. Motoscan will only allow you to set a maximum of 30,000km but l think only 12 months in advance. 

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline whiteakita

• XR Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »
i just bought the equipment and reset the light for 10 year or 50k miles so it never comes on again in my ownership. i dont need a light to tell me to service my bike.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »
Found the solution - getting bike serviced at BMW tomorrow  :305:
PSH