Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another from The Emerald Isle  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
Another from The Emerald Isle
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
Well almost....
Hoping to pick it up on Friday  :152:

Hi all
I recognise some of the names here from that GS site  :002:

I'm moving from a 1200GSA, my second GSA & my third GS. They're a brilliant bike & I've loved every minute of the nearly 200,000KM I've ridden on them. But I'm not getting any younger & the bike's not getting any lighter so I decided a change was in order. I had considered a standard 1200 LC but when I rode the XR for a couple of hours I knew I was in love. I also tried the Multi 1200 but I think I'd get tired of the noise very quickly & I didn't think it handled as well as the XR. IMHO.

I've just bought an Evotech rad & oil cooler cover and hopefully that will be here in time to get the dealer to fit it before I take the bike out - I've a good bit of milage to do this weekend and our minor roads, my favourite playground, are covered in sh1t this time of year. Once I've got a few miles on it I'll decide what else I 'need'. I can see a screen, levers (the standard clutch lever is truly horrible !), engine bars and maybe a few other bits of bling in my future.

I see there's a few other XR's both north & south of our island but I've yet to meet any on the road. Hopefully youse don't keep them locked up for the winter...

See youse  :821:

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Re: Another from The Emerald Isle
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:32:28 AM »
Welcome to the asylum!  Easy bike to fall in love with.  Had also been interested in the 1200 Multi myself but the XR was just overwhelming from the first test ride.   :305:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:19:23 AM »
Thanks man  :028:

Can't wait to get it. Weather forecast is cr@p for the weekend but I don't care, gotta put some miles on the thing  :152:

Offline johnboy1984

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Belfast
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »
Hi mate, Belfast man myself. Had the xr down at the wicklow gap last year and bumped into about 3 other xr's. My local dealer sold 2 white ones a few weeks ago when I was there so expecting to bump into a few this year on the glorious Antrim coast.  Welcome mate

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »
Thanks johnboy  :028:

Still not many of them on the roads down here. Maybe that's just the time of year. You know what some fellas are like with regard to the riding 'season'  :157:

You might bump into me up your way at some stage during the year. I'll be at the NW & I'm also doing the Photo Rally -
http://www.irishphotorally.com/year/2016

dysfunctional