Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 XR  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Speedy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Atlanta
Re: 2020 XR
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »
WB,
Even in dynamic pro mode the pops are gone?  That would be a bummer.
2018 BMW S1000XR Ocean Blue - Current
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Sold
2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Urbanna
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »
Sadly,  YUP...

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 03:35:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by ruenjou [+]
Got mine yesterday. This is my first BMW, riding Yamaha 2/3/4 cylinders for the past 4 years. It has 150 miles now and my impressions are in blue below.

I had a 2008 FJR that I put 32k miles on it.  It had some handlebar vibrations when new but it was very smooth when I sold it.  In the past few years I test rode two XR's, a new one in 2015 with very high vibrations on the handlebars, and a used '17 last year that had 12k miles on it and weights on the ends of the handlebars.  The used one was very smooth.  That combination of experiences, and comments on forums like this one, removed my initial ride concerns about XR vibrations.  My '19 with 4k miles on it is already smoother than the new 2020 I test rode.

I think adding weights to the ends of the handlebars will improve a 2020 also.  I am not so sure about the grip puppies, I installed mine because I like the thickness it adds to the skinny OEM grips, with no effect on the heated grips.

The bike looks great.  Enjoy.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Black!
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by ruenjou [+]
Got mine yesterday. This is my first BMW, riding Yamaha 2/3/4 cylinders for the past 4 years. It has 150 miles now and my impressions are in blue below.

The more I see this Grey colour the more I'm liking it !!!

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »
I phoned my local dealers (Pidcocks) this morning to book my Xr in for it's 6K service and also spoke to sales to see if I could arrange a test ride of the new 2020 XR. They hope to be back up and running early next month so will be contacting me to arrange it then. He did mention that they are/have sold a lot of them on line and if I wanted to order one it would probably be towards the end of the year before it would be available. I don't ride during the winter so realistically it would probably have to wait until March (new reg) before I'd collect it. Very interested in riding one but I doubt I'll be buying one. Looking forward to the new owners posting their thoughts on here over the next few months though !!

Offline Penpals

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR
  • Town: Bruton
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
@thesasquatch :152:. But you say you have a sargeant seat on order? You know the seat is totally different than de previous model? The rubber 'bungs' are now on the seat, not on the bike. And did you get the high seat (+20mm) option? I'm 6' 4" and have a custom +40mm seat on my 2016, which won't fit the 2020

I am 6ft 3 and have a 2017 model. What seat should I be ordering as I am not that impressed with the stock? Thanks for your help.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Penpals [+]
I am 6ft 3 and have a 2017 model. What seat should I be ordering as I am not that impressed with the stock? Thanks for your help.

Have a look on the Sargent web page. I've just specced a seat up for my 2019 XR and it came to £421 delivered. Very nice seat but still a lot of money !!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 05:47:51 PM »
It would be great fun to explain how I acquired mine 4 years ago but it ain’t for these pages...,suffice to say I rode a demo bike with a stock seat and that was more than enough for me  :003: and when mine turned up it had the high HP option I never had the stocker,good for flogging on eBay and not much else.

But too be honest at 6ft 3 i’d Be either looking at the Wunderlich option or maybe a custom seat made here in the UK their are plenty of seat guys who can do that.

Offline Homer

• XR Junior
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 09:47:09 PM »
To the 2020 model owners ...
I am considering ordering a low chassis version like the one I tested (vertically challenged ...)
I haven't seen a 2020 model in the flesh yet but I noticed something when I compare pictures of the (standard size) previous version (black) with the newly released one (red).
The exhaust and side stand seem to be hanging down much lower on the 2020 model and I wonder if I will not be dragging hard parts even in the straights with the new lowered version !  :001:
Am I imagining things ??

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Urbanna
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »
I think you are imagining things....   You just can't compare photos unless the camera and bikes were in the same exact places at the time of the photos...   I had an 18 factory low and now have a reg 2020. I have not seen any appreciable difference in height, I can just flat foot both. The 20 seat is narrower at the front and allows you keep your legs more vertical.. Either way, you wont be scraping anything, no matter how hard you try.... Plenty of clearance...

dysfunctional