Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Insurance repair  (Read 1048 times)

Offline mcconnac

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Stafford
Re: Insurance repair
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »
Hi,  "Saga" has moved on a bit now, when I finally got a letter through from the other parties insurance, it gave me then option of not accepting the bike and getting the full assessment value. After deciding to go that way and buying another bike (White S1000XR 16 plate....coz somebody said they're quicker) it now turns out her insurance don't deal with bike salvage and the bikes back with my insurance :027:.  My insurance salvage team are on furlough still though, so will depend on whether they're interested in making an offer for the salvage or not....might end up with two bikes at this rate  :001:...Mrs isn't as smiley though!........Trixy stuff this insurance caper!

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »
Just so you know: Red is fastest  :038:

Offline BIKEAMA

• XR Member
  • Bike: Multistrada S
  • Town: Stockton CA
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Warree [+]
Just so you know: Red is fastest  :038:

Radar Red, gets too much attention.  :110:    :305:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by mcconnac [+]
Hi,  "Saga" has moved on a bit now, when I finally got a letter through from the other parties insurance, it gave me then option of not accepting the bike and getting the full assessment value. After deciding to go that way and buying another bike (White S1000XR 16 plate....coz somebody said they're quicker) it now turns out her insurance don't deal with bike salvage and the bikes back with my insurance :027:.  My insurance salvage team are on furlough still though, so will depend on whether they're interested in making an offer for the salvage or not....might end up with two bikes at this rate  :001:...Mrs isn't as smiley though!........Trixy stuff this insurance caper!

Jeez as if there isn’t enough scht going on with all that hassle as well.

Offline mcconnac

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Stafford
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 10:46:38 PM »
Will be able to tell which colours faster when I eventually get out on the new one  :038:

This is the first time in 39 years of motoring that I've dealt with an insurance claim, so all a learning experience. All companies involved have been pretty good actually, only issues been communication across 4 companies involved, but considering the current situation, only to be expected.

Just hope these posts assist anybody else in a similar situation.

dysfunctional