Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: France: 14 day quarantine planned plus other travel restrictions  (Read 488 times)

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
A French minister announced plans to be put to their parliament on Monday

If passed there will be a continuation of restrictions until late July. They will have a 14 day quarantine for those arriving from other countries; a 14 day quarantine for anyone diagnosed with Covid 19 and a 100km limit on travel from home.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/State-of-health-emergency-extended-in-France-and-obligatory-isolation-for-those-arriving-who-are-sick-with-Covid-19 details the quarantine

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Ministers-Holidays-in-France-will-be-different-this-summer-due-to-deconfinement details the 100km travel limits

Looks like I will be cancelling my hotel bookings for June.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: France: 14 day quarantine planned plus other travel restrictions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 06:22:03 PM »
June  :156: we’ve been cancelling bookings the end of August and too be honest if they said you could go I don’t think we would want to,until there is a vaccine all we are doing is treading water,i’ll Be happy to make CrossGates cafe by the end of the year and even then we’ll probably be taking our own sarnies and drinks all sat 2 meters apart.

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:58:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
June  :156: we’ve been cancelling bookings the end of August and too be honest if they said you could go I don’t think we would want to,until there is a vaccine all we are doing is treading water,i’ll Be happy to make CrossGates cafe by the end of the year and even then we’ll probably be taking our own sarnies and drinks all sat 2 meters apart.

... with our helmets and gloves on and talking via Sena ... :138:
... should be pretty safe ???
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:58:52 PM by Warree »

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »
just reading that as we're meant to be heading off to France late July the glimmer of light here is the bit that says

[Update Monday May 4: It has now been confirmed that this will not apply to arrivals from EU countries or from the UK.]
 and the fact we're going the last week of July but at this point it's all a bit  :027: for all trips outside the UK

After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
just reading that as we're meant to be heading off to France late July the glimmer of light here is the bit that says

[Update Monday May 4: It has now been confirmed that this will not apply to arrivals from EU countries or from the UK.]
 and the fact we're going the last week of July but at this point it's all a bit  :027: for all trips outside the UK

The main difficulty to any travel is twofold. Firstly, at the moment only local journeys up to 100km, 62 miles, for leisure purposes are allowed. Any other journey must be essential. This includes visits to vulnerable family, essential business journeys and very few other situations. The second element is the uncertainty from the devolved powers to individual departments who are using a colour coding to show the level of infection in local areas. They have powers to enforce a complete lockdown in any locality that sees a pocket of infection. These local powers are likely to remain in place even if they lift the 100km limit on leisure travel meaning you could arrive in an area and then find a local lockdown is enforced making onward travel a bit of a problem.
The map from yesterday: https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Map-of-France-shows-departments-as-green-or-red-as-France-plans-deconfinement

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 01:11:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]

Crossgates cafe seems a distant dream at the moment.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 06:33:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Becksy [+]
Crossgates cafe seems a distant dream at the moment.

Sadly you are far to close to the truth  :021: