Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: newbie  (Read 360 times)

Offline gtbusa

• XR Member
  • Town: alfreton
« on: May 03, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »
hi,all new member looking to join the fold

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR1000 se Black
  • Town: Swindon UK
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »
 :400:
Have you got an xr yet or are you still looking?
You'll find the forum really useful.
Cheers. Andy  :821:
Andy

Offline gtbusa

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:14:12 PM »
hi andy,just in the process of looking.i have a k1600gt at the moment and want to try the xr for a month or so to see if we can live without the gt

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »
Welcome.

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by gtbusa [+]
hi andy,just in the process of looking.i have a k1600gt at the moment and want to try the xr for a month or so to see if we can live without the gt
Obviously very different types of bikes.  It depends what you are going to use it for and your riding style. I've always liked adventure style. Honda Varadero , Crosstourer now the XR. And I've loved all of them and tend to keep them for a long time.
But give one a try and see how you get on. If you like it , buy it ! They certainly are fun. Performance wise , I think it's the best bike I've had. Getting withdrawal symptoms at the moment- supposed to be off to the Pyrenees in a couple of weeks. Not gonna happen  :012:
Andy

Offline gtbusa

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 10:55:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Asw63632004 [+]
Obviously very different types of bikes.  It depends what you are going to use it for and your riding style. I've always liked adventure style. Honda Varadero , Crosstourer now the XR. And I've loved all of them and tend to keep them for a long time.
But give one a try and see how you get on. If you like it , buy it ! They certainly are fun. Performance wise , I think it's the best bike I've had. Getting withdrawal symptoms at the moment- supposed to be off to the Pyrenees in a couple of weeks. Not gonna happen  :012:
i was booked for the alps and italian lakes mid june so i know the disappointment.the bie will be used for fun days and frequent trips to france as well as touring the mountains mostly 2 up.i dont think test rides give a good enough opinion of bikes long term,i would sooner have one side by side for a while then make a decision to part with one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:57:17 PM by gtbusa »

Offline Asw63632004

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:37:44 AM »
 :028:
My wife doesn't really like going on the back of the XR very often . That's because I usually ride it like I stole it  :008:. We've never done a big tour two up .The girls usually fly out and we meet up . Or we quite often fly to Southern Spain and hire. Looks like the UK this year though .
I see that you're looking to buy one. There may be few low mileage available in a few months. The triple black came out in 2018 (I think). So many , like mine, will be on PCP till next year.  Sadly,  you might find people have to hand them back if the economy takes a dive.
Keep us informed about what you decide to do. It's always useful to know.
Cheers  :821:
Andy

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 09:54:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by gtbusa [+]
i was booked for the alps and italian lakes mid june so i know the disappointment.the bie will be used for fun days and frequent trips to france as well as touring the mountains mostly 2 up.i dont think test rides give a good enough opinion of bikes long term,i would sooner have one side by side for a while then make a decision to part with one.

Blimey that will make for an interesting post comparing a 1600GT to and an X/R,as for comparing side by side oh blimey I get that I haven't sold one in 20 years,the SM is MY toy the rest took months of conversation between my wife and I because travelling Europe for a life time on a bike is what we have done.

What you should try, is two up and low speed filtering on the X/R their crap.... hence why the doo'ers on this board did something about it with after market fuelling.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:56:42 AM by Winger »

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 02:02:31 PM »
I recognise all but the one in front of your red XR?

(looks like the forecourt of a small bike dealer's  :001: ) All you need are some price cards on the screens.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »
XT660 with Aprillia Pegaso wheels the net said they were easy to fit.....yea right,as for the price tag  :001:,do that once a year for my wife so she knows what they are worth in case anything happens too me  :164:

Most of it is carbon the guys in Slovenia went bust before they finished...but with a few bells and whistles and a PC goes really well.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:36:02 PM by Winger »

dysfunctional