Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Geico gave me an insurance rebate. BMW should extend my warranty.  (Read 748 times)

Online otrp

• XR Master
Can't ride the bike because of the lockdown. My warranty ends in July. Geico gave me a rebate. How about BMW extending warranties.   :001:

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Geico gave me an insurance rebate. BMW should extend my warranty.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 12:50:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by otrp [+]
Can't ride the bike because of the lockdown. My warranty ends in July. Geico gave me a rebate. How about BMW extending warranties.   :001:

Doubt it, it's not BMW's fault the world is in lockdown....but good luck trying..!! :084:

I suspect it would be similar to someone who normally doesn't ride their bike for months on end.....would BMW extend the warranty because I don't ride the bike??....Highly unlikely.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:52:48 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Online otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 01:05:37 AM »
I was just jesting out of boredom. Would be a nice gesture from BMW though.

Since my warranty was running out, I was putting together a deal on a leftover 19, when the lockdowns started. Waiting to see what goes on after the lockdowns.

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 02:04:02 AM »
I was just jesting out of boredom. Would be a nice gesture from BMW though.

Since my warranty was running out, I was putting together a deal on a leftover 19, when the lockdowns started. Waiting to see what goes on after the lockdowns.

I'm still debating with myself whether I should get the new 2020....still yet to ride one though... :084: :027:

Nothing wrong with my current '17 model though....has just passed 30k km this morning.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:05:14 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Dutch

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: NorthernMichigan
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »
BMW extended the warrantee on my S1000XR by two months. The instrument cluster has a mark on the inside that appears that water leaked in.
It is getting replaced.

Online otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 03:09:10 AM »
Good on BMW.   :062:

Online otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 03:16:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
I'm still debating with myself whether I should get the new 2020....still yet to ride one though... :084: :027:

Nothing wrong with my current '17 model though....has just passed 30k km this morning.

Smithy.

Not sure if I like the looks of the new XR. I had a good deal going on a 19. I'll see what happens when things get back to more normal times.

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 05:39:39 AM »
Not sure if I like the looks of the new XR. I had a good deal going on a 19. I'll see what happens when things get back to more normal times.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see one in the flesh. :001: :169:

Smithy.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 07:56:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]

Be interesting to see if things like headers fuelling goodies etc fit,but you’ll be on your own mate,i’ve Got 2 four cylinder bikes certainly do not want anymore.

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Be interesting to see if things like headers fuelling goodies etc fit,but you’ll be on your own mate,i’ve Got 2 four cylinder bikes certainly do not want anymore.

The '20 XR's have pretty much got nothing in common with the earlier XR's...Different frame, different engine, different exhaust, different bodywork etc, etc......so we can basically forget about the possibility of interchangeable parts between the Gen-1 and Gen-2.

Smithy.