Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW Production starting?  (Read 1061 times)

Online Mab1067

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: PETERHEAD
BMW Production starting?
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:42:57 PM »
Ordered new bike a few months ago. Work away on rota. So traded my K1300S in for new S1000XR. Left the poor at BME before leaving to go offshore at end of March. Delivery date was the 25th of April for new bike. Obviously with COVID-19 that plan went up in the air. Therefore now left with no bike at all. Not that i could hav egoen anywhere much. But a bit of cleaning and polishing, learning new TFT screens etc would have been good.  :084: :084:. Does anybody on Forum have any idea if BMW have started production again or have any inside information on wen we may actually start taking delivery of our new Bikes  :305: :305:

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: BMW Production starting?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 12:56:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
Ordered new bike a few months ago. Work away on rota. So traded my K1300S in for new S1000XR. Left the poor at BME before leaving to go offshore at end of March. Delivery date was the 25th of April for new bike. Obviously with COVID-19 that plan went up in the air. Therefore now left with no bike at all. Not that i could hav egoen anywhere much. But a bit of cleaning and polishing, learning new TFT screens etc would have been good.  :084: :084:. Does anybody on Forum have any idea if BMW have started production again or have any inside information on wen we may actually start taking delivery of our new Bikes  :305: :305:

Some new 2020's are dribbling through here in Aus....there's a couple of them on the Aussie XR bookface site. My local bike dealership emailed me last week letting me know they have a couple in stock and a demo as well. Haven't had a chance to drop in there as yet though.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 05:49:10 AM »
All they are is ‘Old Stock’ from the start of production of the new model, currently there is no production,the irony of this Corona lark half the world isn’t going to have a pot to piss in and the other isn’t going to have anything to spend it on.

As riding a motorcycle currently is a thing of the past,both myself and my other half have been doing a lot of mountain biking,it’s the same with anything connected too that,everything is out of stock from cycling gilet’s to big bucks electric bikes.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
All they are is ‘Old Stock’ from the start of production of the new model, currently there is no production,the irony of this Corona lark half the world isn’t going to have a pot to piss in and the other isn’t going to have anything to spend it on.

As riding a motorcycle currently is a thing of the past,both myself and my other half have been doing a lot of mountain biking,it’s the same with anything connected too that,everything is out of stock from cycling gilet’s to big bucks electric bikes.

We're allowed to ride in Aus, pretty much anywhere we like within our home state.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
Everyone I know in bike trade is furloughed on 80%,guys I know with companies connected too the bike trade are doing plenty of net trade for tyres etc,and not having to pay employees wages so until either the government runs out of money,or they make it legal to ride a bike absolutely zilch is going to happen over here and when it does... it’s going to be a wait for new bikes.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Everyone I know in bike trade is furloughed on 80%,guys I know with companies connected too the bike trade are doing plenty of net trade for tyres etc,and not having to pay employees wages so until either the government runs out of money,or they make it legal to ride a bike absolutely zilch is going to happen over here and when it does... it’s going to be a wait for new bikes.

Didnt the PM's announcement last night say driving is now OK? Although his various statements were not that clear.  :305:
PSH

Online Mab1067

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: PETERHEAD
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
Well, for the sake of confusion. Im not sure, did he or didnt  :084: :084:
Unfortunately in Scotland were still in Lockdown and still no bike delivery on the horizon.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:18:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
Well, for the sake of confusion. Im not sure, did he or didnt  :084: :084:
Unfortunately in Scotland were still in Lockdown and still no bike delivery on the horizon.

Serves you all right for voting SNP  :305: Pretty clear in England but may be difficult to ride out with other bikers.
PSH

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »
In England, you can go out on your bike, but not into Wales or Scotland
Quote from his speech

And from this Wednesday, we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise.

You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.

You must obey the rules on social distancing and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by grizzle [+]
In England, you can go out on your bike, but not into Wales or Scotland
Quote from his speech

And from this Wednesday, we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise.

You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.

You must obey the rules on social distancing and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.

Agree with that interpretation, and could certainly argue the toss with a plod who thought otherwise. Not so sure about riding with a few others, but again, its not actually prohibited as long as you practice social distancing who could object. Well I for one will be going out - but I have been anyway  :305: :0461: :046:
PSH

dysfunctional