Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW Production starting?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
Re: BMW Production starting?
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 12:42:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
Ordered new bike a few months ago. Work away on rota. So traded my K1300S in for new S1000XR. Left the poor at BME before leaving to go offshore at end of March. Delivery date was the 25th of April for new bike. Obviously with COVID-19 that plan went up in the air. Therefore now left with no bike at all. Not that i could hav egoen anywhere much. But a bit of cleaning and polishing, learning new TFT screens etc would have been good.  :084: :084:. Does anybody on Forum have any idea if BMW have started production again or have any inside information on wen we may actually start taking delivery of our new Bikes  :305: :305:

Yes, they resumed production last Monday. Berlin factory at least. Basically, all delivery dates are prolonged for about one month. My bike was scheduled for production in April, and should have been delivered by now, but COVID-19 production stop has prolonged the delivery by start of June. If all goes well...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:00:53 PM by esso_sa »

Offline stualva

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR & K1300GT
  • Town: Alva
Re: BMW Production starting?
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »
Met a dealer with a demo bike at Moffat today, who confirmed receipt on Friday, however no customer bikes as yet.

Must say that the new XR is a substantially different looking bike in the flesh - appears taller with lots more angles.

Very muted soundtrack; think I'd need to address that...

dysfunctional