Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: bluetooth intercom,advise and clarity needed  (Read 646 times)

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: bluetooth intercom,advise and clarity needed
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »
Now you’re asking!     

I would need to check, but I ‘think’ that you simply switch off VOX, and then use the button for channel - to switch on and switch off comms.

That should also shut off the other person’s comms, and each can automatically switch to phone or music etc.  Either party wants to open up the comms on open-mic - simply presses the channel button once.

Not sure if Cardo do a remote switch for that (I think Sena does a bar mount for simple operations) - but for prolonged open-mic operation, it is no hassle to press the helmet-mounted button to on/off the comms.

Offline gtbusa

• XR Member
  • Town: alfreton
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
thanks for all the replies,ive ordered a 2+ duo,it wont be the first £250 i've lost if i dont get on with it

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 10:41:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by gtbusa [+]
hi,i have just downloaded the operating manual for the cardo,unless i am missing something it doesn't mention open mike,just says the unit will auto cut off after 30 secs.how would you set to open mic

Sorry, I missed that question.

I am not sure, but there must be something in the set up.  (perhaps the 30sec shut-down only occurs when using VOX?)   

Offline BIKEAMA

• XR Member
  • Keep your best wheel forward.
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR Low
  • Town: Stockton CA
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 03:40:59 PM »
I have a Packtalk bold. The VOX works seamlessly. At 70 mph on the XR the wife said the telephone is clear. Voice commands also are excellent, I only use the buttons to turn on and off.

dysfunctional