Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tick tick noose  (Read 492 times)

Offline scanner802

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: PHILIPPINES
tick tick noose
« on: May 20, 2020, 02:38:05 PM »
hi there good day. i noticed my xr when the engine isrunning i heard an tick tick sound in the engin and when i pulled the clutch lever it will eventually it disappear.. and when i release the clutch i hear tje sound again... the sound occur started when i change the pipe...  :148:
Bmw s1000xr, Bmw f800gs, Honda cbr1000rr..

Offline scanner802

• XR Member
Re: tick tick noise
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »
just like my old yamaha dirtbike..maybe cam chain tensioner

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: tick tick noose
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by scanner802 [+]
hi there good day. i noticed my xr when the engine isrunning i heard an tick tick sound in the engin and when i pulled the clutch lever it will eventually it disappear.. and when i release the clutch i hear tje sound again... the sound occur started when i change the pipe...  :148:

How many km's and what oil are you using..?? Cam chain tensioner is a common source of noise but usually goes away fairly quickly after starting when oil pressure rises. A manual tensioner will eliminate it as the culprit.
However, I suspect it's not the tensioner though as it goes away when the clutch is pulled in, this might indicate a possible clutch/gearbox issue. The gearbox stops turning when the clutch is pulled in.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:26:59 AM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »
Does it happen with the bike in gear? Put the bike on the main stand and select first gear.

If not, this is just the clutch plates wobbling about without any load. Quite normal.

Online smithy

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by wessie [+]
Does it happen with the bike in gear? Put the bike on the main stand and select first gear.

If not, this is just the clutch plates wobbling about without any load. Quite normal.

Ah...good thought....I forgot about the plates wobbling round.... :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline scanner802

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:01:41 AM »
about 13000 kms running... but in the idle there is no noice in the engine. im using amsoil 10w40 dully syn. i will notice if the bike is in motion. a hear the soung a little bit tick tick... i already replace the clutch plate.. o found out when i change the pipe...

Online smithy

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 03:07:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by scanner802 [+]
about 13000 kms running... but in the idle there is no noice in the engine. im using amsoil 10w40 dully syn. i will notice if the bike is in motion. a hear the soung a little bit tick tick... i already replace the clutch plate.. o found out when i change the pipe...

Did you change just the muffler or the headers as well..?? If you have changed the headers you may have a small exhaust leak at the cylinder head which can sometimes sound like a ticking noise..!! Just thinking out loud...so to speak..!

Smithy.

Offline scanner802

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 05:14:43 AM »
exhaust and then center catalitic cnverter... however in the idle i never heard the sound.. i heard when the bike run.. tik tik continiously bu everytime when i change gear and press the cluch it will disapper...

Offline Garbo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1kxr,
  • Town: Newcastle NSW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »
Just a shot but I had a gen 2 hayabusa and one of the clutch bolts had loosened and was tapping the cover. Maybe remove and check?

Offline scanner802

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
illbtry to start the engine and cover the pipe with the cloth and try to rev up the engine sounds good... i put my ears on the clutch side dont hear the sound...