Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The dreaded virbration issue but has eanyone tired the below link  (Read 674 times)

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
Re: The dreaded virbration issue but has eanyone tired the below link
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
I am another happy Sargent seat owner.

My 2019 is the HP bike so I have the HP seat.  The seat would have been fine if it did not slant forward, a "feature" I thoroughly disliked.  The Sargent seat has been great.  The Wunderlich seat looked great and I was tempted but I just couldn't get over the price, I am glad I passed on it since the Sargent has worked out so well.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Black!
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »
£421inc. delivery  for the Sargent dtx low seat with silver piping. Looks ace though. 

Offline BernSal33

• XR Junior
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:51:41 AM »
Back to the evotech handguard protectors... fitted them yesterday and they reduce the vibes at my hands by about 80% over stock - it's remarkable. Well worth the money, and the protection they give is a bonus!

Hope that helps.

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by BernSal33 [+]
Back to the evotech handguard protectors... fitted them yesterday and they reduce the vibes at my hands by about 80% over stock - it's remarkable. Well worth the money, and the protection they give is a bonus!

Hope that helps.

I've got the evo-tec barend weights fitted and was looking at the evo-tec hand guard protectors but have since discovered that both can't be used at the same time so undecided what to do. As you say, the added protection is good.

Offline Remo83

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR 3B
  • Town: Leuven
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 12:06:14 PM »
Hi,

I have both and will probably revert back to the bar end weights.
The vibes are in a different, higher rev range with the handguards and I am getting wrist problems. Probably a very personal, exceptional thing though.
Will tighten them slightly differently to see if it makes any difference.

All the best,

Remo

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Remo83 [+]
Hi,

I have both and will probably revert back to the bar end weights.
The vibes are in a different, higher rev range with the handguards and I am getting wrist problems. Probably a very personal, exceptional thing though.
Will tighten them slightly differently to see if it makes any difference.

All the best,

Remo

Remo,

you've probably just saved me £125 !! Thanks for that bit of info  :047:

Offline MrFreeze

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S 1000 XR
  • Town: Amsterdam
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 01:58:00 PM »
I've installed the Evo-Tech handguards and extra weights to prevent vibrations. It helped me a lot but there is still a bit of vibration in the handlebar. I think it will never dissapear for a 100% but its a big improvement.

The handguard is a metal piece, that you install over the original BMW plastic guards. It's not completely made out of metal until the mirror connection. That part is and stays plastic. So it's only metal from the bar end, until the mirror plastic connection. (hope this eplanation is clear enough lol )

I'm also looking at the HP seat. Currently I installed the risers I bought from ebay. This way I don't slide towards the tank anymore and it's a more comfortable sitting position for me. (i'm 1,86m). Atop on that I'm still considering the higher HP seat as my knee's start to whine after a few hours driving and my legs are long enough to still reach the ground.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:58:47 PM by MrFreeze »

Offline tonylynn570

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: Colchester
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »
Hi If you check out his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/elsemadeupholstery), he is having great difficulty getting materials and is not taking any new orders till September or October - I am going to wait till later in the year before contacting him - hope this helps you - Tony