Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OEM Panniers ??  (Read 169 times)

Offline Bobbingbuoy

• XR Member
OEM Panniers ??
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:15:55 PM »
Hi all I wonder if anyone can help ? I have just coded my Lock cylinders for my OEM bmw panniers. I’ve pushed them in and they seemed to click into place and are both working correctly .....I seem to remember the guy I bought them off saying that I needed to take the rubber weather seal out and put a little screw through the plastic into the hole at the bottom of the lock cylinder ?? Is this correct as they seem fine how they are now and seem locked into place ?

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: OEM Panniers ??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 09:16:52 AM »
I dont think that is correct. You code the lock barrel, insert the key and push it in until it clicks - that all as I remember  :305:
PSH

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
Re: OEM Panniers ??
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
There is a way of removing the lock cylinders by removing one screw under the weather seal. It is for access only as far as I'm aware and does not do anything to hold the cylinder in place. All I can think is the seller removed this screw to get to remove lock cylinder and didn't put it back in.
Did you get a couple of loose torques head screws with them?
If yes, then inline with the lock cylinder pull out the weather seal and you should see the hole.

dysfunctional