Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aux power - DIN  (Read 349 times)

Offline HelenM

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Chorley
Aux power - DIN
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »
Aux power DIN turns off 60 seconds after switching off the ignition.  Are there any "always on" auxiliary factory fitted connections anywhere that could be used without going direct to the battery?

I would like to be able to charge intercom / cam when camping.

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
Re: Aux power - DIN
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:59:54 PM »
Not without going direct to the battery, no!

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by HelenM [+]
Aux power DIN turns off 60 seconds after switching off the ignition.  Are there any "always on" auxiliary factory fitted connections anywhere that could be used without going direct to the battery?

I would like to be able to charge intercom / cam when camping.

Unfortunately the Can-Bus system is designed to stay powered for up to a minute or so after ignition is switched off....there are no permanent power lines other than the battery and it's leads and an ignition switch live, which l believe is inside the main harness.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:53:18 PM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline jskene

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Baltimore, MD
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:20:32 PM »
I think the diagnostic connector may have an always-on wire in it, and certainly the alarm connector has one.

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by jskene [+]
I think the diagnostic connector may have an always-on wire in it, and certainly the alarm connector has one.

True....I wonder how much current they can handle. 0.5a or 1.0a...?? I don't have an alarm fitted so can't comment on that.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional