Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: From Sunny Orlando  (Read 364 times)

Offline Buckshot

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Orlando
From Sunny Orlando
« on: June 06, 2020, 03:32:22 PM »
Howdy Y'All

After four years of video and mag reviews an XR has FINALLY appeared in my garage. Actually, I flew from Orlando to North Carolina to transact a private deal. A 2016 machine with 2,013 miles. Yes. 2,013 miles, making this, in my opinion, a brand new bike.

After completing the deal the XR headed west to the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina where four years of S1000XR glowing reviews proved to be 100% spot on! This bike is awesome!  Four days of riding it like a sport bike around some of the best motorcycling roads in the US and I headed south, making the 600 mile trek home, and where its alter ego as a touring machine came to life.  While I have yet to test its dirt capability it ticks the boxes for both sport and sport touring like no other machine I've owned.   

The XR's stable also includes a BMW K1300s and Kawi 1400 GTR, although the XR may replace both of these bikes!?!?  Time will tell.

Thanks for letting this British born Yank join the Forum. I  look forward to many years of meaningful give and take :152:
Buckshot

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: From Sunny Orlando
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 07:55:16 PM »
 :400: :305:
PSH

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 11:38:10 PM »
Welcome.    :002:

Offline E.SLC.

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 02:49:38 AM »
Welcome,
I was looking at a BMW K1300s and Kawasaki Concours four weeks ago when I sold my S1000R. After test riding the XR I ended up with the XR and I love the bike so far.
Ride safe.

Offline Dutch

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: NorthernMichigan
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 02:58:13 AM »
Welcome!
This truly is a bike the can "wear many hats".
Enjoy!

Offline Mcfly

• XR Member
  • Town: Melbourne FL
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 04:23:22 AM »
Welcome from Melbourne FL!  Nice to know I'm not the only XR in the state,
because sometimes I feel like it.

Enjoy!

Offline Buckshot

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Orlando
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
Mcfly,

As we're neighbors, check out this Central Florida Sport-Tour group.

https://www.meetup.com/Sport-Tour-Motorcycle-Riders-of-Central-Florida/members/?op=pending

I started it about 10 years ago. Check out the description page. There may be some value for you.
Buckshot

Offline Mcfly

• XR Member
  • Town: Melbourne FL
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:10:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Buckshot [+]
Mcfly,

As we're neighbors, check out this Central Florida Sport-Tour group.

https://www.meetup.com/Sport-Tour-Motorcycle-Riders-of-Central-Florida/members/?op=pending

I started it about 10 years ago. Check out the description page. There may be some value for you.

Sounds like you guys are havin' fun out there!  Only about 10 years on street bikes for me.
I started on dirt, got my 1st street bike in NY (CB400T Hawk) then took a 25 year hiatus from
two wheels.  Got back on to a '06 Concours back in 2011....  Had the '16 XR for about a year.
I love to ride, but probably more touring than sport for your group.  I've logged some miles.
Ride up to Suches whenever I can, rode to Barber twice  NC, SC, TN... Motocamp mostly. 
No trailers... don't want one.  All about the journey.   

dysfunctional