Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chassis vibrations unrelated to bars.  (Read 299 times)

Offline Hardtimes

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW s1000xr
  • Town: Calgary
Chassis vibrations unrelated to bars.
« on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:36 AM »
I bought a 2019 S1000XR with all the packages. I had the usual vibe and these were 98% solved with adding Evotec bar end weights, but after my first service I noticed a  much worse vibration from the whole chassis, starting at around 155kmh and gradually getting worse as speed increased to 200KMH. Bike has been in twice and had the front end and tire rebalanced, bearings and steering dampener checked as well as the steering head bearing and related parts, all to no avail. Any ideas or similar problems I would like to hear about.
Thanks.
Hardtimes

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Chassis vibrations unrelated to bars.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
I know you've had the wheels balanced...but l found mine were out of balance causing a front end vibration at ~120kmh, even after the dealer said they were ok. Bought my own tyre changing machine and balancer as l don't trust anyone.... now it's as smooth as a baby's bum.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »
how many miles/km on the current tyres?

the majority of these problems are due to unevenly worn tyres.

Offline Hardtimes

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW s1000xr
  • Town: Calgary
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 06:15:23 AM »
Tires have only 2000km at this point
Hardtimes