Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Engine Stalls When Pulling Clutch At Speed  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Logdoctor

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Bullard, Texas
Re: Engine Stalls When Pulling Clutch At Speed
Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 10:29:15 PM
Since my last post at 900 miles, the XR has stalled when pulling in the clutch while slowing about 6-8 times. That’s about once on every ride. I now have 1900 miles. I can’t make it happen when I try. It does it when it wants to. I see no error codes with my GS-911 OBD. Dealer is 2 hours away I doubt they will find the cause or even get it to stall. They looked at it at the 600 mile service and found nothing. My 2012 Diavel did the same thing and it was lean fueling. A reflashed ecu from Rexxer in Germany fixed it. I may need to get the Brentuning refresh to solve this if BMW doesn’t do something soon.

Offline mbc2237

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S 1000 XR
  • Town: Florida
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 10:53:29 PM
Also 2020 model with about 3,000 miles on it. I have this issue often. Haven't taken it in for this issue as the dealer is not very close but just wanted to add to the group that I have the same issues of it stalling, not always, but when coming to a stop and pulling the the clutch. Exactly as in the video.

Offline MP51

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000XR 2021
  • Town: Hulst
Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 11:25:58 AM
*Originally Posted by TBRD [+]
I have a few hundred miles on my 2020 S1000XR.  It has stalled on me about 4-5 times, twice today driving to work.  On today's ride it happened as I approached a stop light at the end of an off ramp from the interstate.  I pulled the clutch to downshift and blipped the throttle and it stalled.  This seems to be the pattern.  If I pull the clutch to downshift while slowing and blip it will cut out...not all the time but enough to be an issue.  Possibly a throttle body sync issue?  Perhaps it will stop after break in?  I am going to speak to the dealership when I take it in this weekend but was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar issue.  I couldn't find anything via the search function so hence the post.  Thanks!

I got the same problem, but started after my first 1000 km service .

Offline mbc2237

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S 1000 XR
  • Town: Florida
Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 02:24:59 PM
Getting hot again here in Florida. My bike did it twice on a ride yesterday. Always when coming to a stop and disengage the clutch.

Offline Mumbo Jumbo

• XR Member
  • Bike: Ducati Multistra
  • Town: County Durham
Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 08:12:52 AM
Stalling is certainly a cause for concern as its potentially dangerous. TBRD, love your channel by the way.

My bike is just a month old but no problems so far, having said that it’s been very cool in the UK so far this year.

I would have thought there would have been far more replies to this thread if the problem was widespread?

To the guys that are having the problems, is it happening in a specific riding mode or all of them ?

Offline Darty65

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE (K69)
Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 03:02:01 PM
Mine is a 2020 model and it’s happened once so far. Coming out of a 70 into a 30 and block changed down three gears, then the engine died...

Offline Mtbman24

• XR Member
  • Town: Burnaby, BC
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 11:05:15 PM
Mine was doing it occasionally until I got the latest software update.  Hasn't done it since.  Fingers crossed that was it, although it could just be coincidence. 
I plan to live forever.  So far, so good!

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 07:09:14 AM
My 2013 Apilria Tuono V4 did that when it was new, it sort of re-bump started its self when I let the clutch back out.

It ran a very aggressive fuel cut on the overrun and I think this caused it because as soon as I had it flashed and the fuelling sorted its never done it again.

Offline the bartender

• XR Member
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:51:53 PM
*Originally Posted by Mtbman24 [+]
Mine was doing it occasionally until I got the latest software update.  Hasn't done it since.  Fingers crossed that was it, although it could just be coincidence.

Curious, I thought you just had the dash software updated, did they also do an ECU update?

Offline Mtbman24

• XR Member
  • Town: Burnaby, BC
Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 06:09:31 PM
That was what I thought too.  I didn't see any deatailed patch notes so it could just be a coincidence.  Mine didn't stall very often to begin with.
 I also feel like the engine vibrations in the handlebar controls have gotten stronger as well, but since I also had the brake calipers changed at the same time, the vibes are most likely from that?
I plan to live forever.  So far, so good!