Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XR 2020 - High Seat V Standard Seat V HP Seat  (Read 1489 times)

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
XR 2020 - High Seat V Standard Seat V HP Seat
« on: July 08, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »
A question:

Does the High seat contain more cushioning, and is it therefore more comfortable than a Standard seat?

I also note that a HP seat is a £400 option for a new bike, is it any better? Why is it so much more?  :305:
PSH

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: XR 2020 - High Seat V Standard Seat V HP Seat
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
Hope to have mine in 2-3 weeks, and it comes with the high seat. I 100% expect it to be the same seat pan, and thus simply 20mm more foam where you sit. Seat should be a bit more comfy, but more important less bucket  shaped.

Think 'HP' is called 'M' now, and you pay the extra. The M battery is 200 or so. Most Li-ions motorcycle batteries come out on one factory, and you can get them for 50 AND keep the standard BMW battery. :005:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
Hope to have mine in 2-3 weeks, and it comes with the high seat. I 100% expect it to be the same seat pan, and thus simply 20mm more foam where you sit. Seat should be a bit more comfy, but more important less bucket  shaped.

Think 'HP' is called 'M' now, and you pay the extra. The M battery is 200 or so. Most Li-ions motorcycle batteries come out on one factory, and you can get them for 50 AND keep the standard BMW battery. :005:

Think you are right. let me know about the high seat please  :305:
PSH

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
Think you are right. let me know about the high seat please  :305:
Got my bike and did 800mls in (and to/from) black forest.  Best bike to me ever.  High seat is still hard . I ride mountain bike as well, but a bit different as the leg muscles lift you off the seat. But nowhere as comfy as my old custom +40mm seat. The old seats are also much wider in the front. To me weird, with the high seat I can stand with both feet flat on the floor and be off the seat. I can move the bike left/right. I noticed the vinyl on the back of the sitting area is floating above the foam. To me one could do something to push additional foam in (if you like to sit even higher)

Offline andrewb2006

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr TE
  • Town: Horncastle
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
Hi All
I’ve tried the comfort seat and the M seat both no difference to the standard seat , I returned the M seat for money back the standard seat for me is comfier

Thanks

Andrew

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
Yes I can't see either which magic foam goes into the M seat and makes it any better. Took my old custom seat apart. New plan,  just purchased 3cm high relative hard seat foam online for a whole 10 Euro's. 60% of that is  shipping.  Plan is to open seat on the front, roll left and right side up, stuff it in, and roll it out again. Like I said I've empty space under the vinyl right now (on the already high seat option). If that doesn't work I'll do it 3 sections, left, right, and middle. Fine cutting the edges is apparently into the freezer and then cut it. The gelpad i have will not be used anymore. Those things are heavy (just under 1kg for the one I had), and transform vibrations into heat.

Offline Vincentrapide

• XR Junior
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 02:25:03 PM »
I have the so called high seat on a 2020 XR from new. I found it a bit like the Sergeant seats in that although initially it seems very hard, in fact I can sit on it for 200 miles plus with no discomfort.
I’m an old fart and around 6’.
Cheers

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 03:19:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vincentrapide [+]
I have the so called high seat on a 2020 XR from new. I found it a bit like the Sergeant seats in that although initially it seems very hard, in fact I can sit on it for 200 miles plus with no discomfort.
I’m an old fart and around 6’.
Cheers

Thanks - good information - but does the high seat have more foam?  :305:
PSH

Offline Vincentrapide

• XR Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:39:48 AM »
I think it must have. The distinctive hard edges that dug into my fat thighs on the demo bike aren’t present on my bike.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vincentrapide [+]
I think it must have. The distinctive hard edges that dug into my fat thighs on the demo bike aren’t present on my bike.

Thats good to hear  :305:
PSH