Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pro chip  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Tonym

• XR Member
  • Bike: Xr1000se
  • Town: Staffs
Pro chip
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:43:06 PM »
Hi I'm after some info on the pro chip can anyone explain how it works and what it alters as far as the other ride modes are concerned abs etc only I've been told by my dealer it will shut down all the safety features on the bike is this right or is there a web site with the details on thanks 🤔

Offline clarryr

• Ex Member
  • XR Member
Re: Pro chip
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »
It's in the user manual but in short: ABS intervenes later; lift-off detection only provides minimal support; integral braking pressure is reduced; DTC assumes tires with maximum adherence and offers minimal support and intervenes so late that longer drifts are possible; front-wheel lift-off is deactivated; throttle response in optimal and direct.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:54:45 AM »
You'll find there's a whole new world on this bike with the chip. Assuming you have a bit of the hooligan in you that is.
The manual covers the academic aspects nicely.....although a bit on the dry side of explanation
If you have the chip you really must use it at some point after you have gotten used to the bike without it.
You have to "feel" the difference after you've read the manual.
A note of caution though.  Make sure your first rides with it installed are on dry roads.   
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Tonym

• XR Member
  • Bike: Xr1000se
  • Town: Staffs
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »
Cheers guys going to pick my hand book up Saturday can't wait for some sun to try it out getting restless now weather pissin me off shall just have to keep buying bits and lookin at it  :305:

Offline Muifke

• XR Member
  • Town: Echt (Holland)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »
Dynamic-mode is more than enough for the public road and you still have all the safety-features activated  :016:
Dynamic Pro-mode is "overkill", but gives a lot more fun on a Race-Track  :001:

I installed mine, but the only reason for that is that otherwise i would loose the Plug somewhere in my garage.....now i know where it is all the time  :008: :008:

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:15:33 AM »
I dont understand why BMW (and some other manufacturers) don't allow you to adjust everything independently. On my Tuono I can change traction control, Anti Wheelie, and throttle response separately. On the BMW I just have modes that link it all together. I like having a very direct throttle response but don't want wheelie control off all the time etc.

Offline petekeys

• XR Member
  • Town: Whitchurch
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:40:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
I dont understand why BMW (and some other manufacturers) don't allow you to adjust everything independently. On my Tuono I can change traction control, Anti Wheelie, and throttle response separately. On the BMW I just have modes that link it all together. I like having a very direct throttle response but don't want wheelie control off all the time etc.

100% agree with this!!