Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Returning Member  (Read 209 times)

Online Belco100

• XR Member
  • Town: Essex
Returning Member
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:01:11 AM »
Not new but returning.

History: I bought a 600 mile old bike but got rid of it after about a year. Just could get it round corners. Everyone told me how good they were, but mine needed a whole load of pressure on the inside bar to lean and I kept going wide. I loved the bike but started finding it dangerous. Test road a GSA1250 and it was so easy to corner, so swapped it in.

Now: I loved riding the GSA but couldn’t love the bike. My dealers set up a Euro3, Euro4 and a new Euro5 to try, and they were all fine. No idea why my first one didn’t work, I tried al sorts of ESA setting, dropping the forks, tyre pressures and all. All I can think of was a bad tyre or the OE Pirelli’s didn’t suit me? So to cut a story short, I am lining up a Triple Black and should have it in a few weeks time  :152:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:04:42 PM by Belco100 »

Offline Parmenion

• XR Member
  • S1100XR-R
  • Bike: XR of course
  • Town: Thessaloniki
Re: Returning Member
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
It was a tire issue! Put some decent sport tires on like S22, power 5 or M9RR and it becomes light turning.
“The greatest and most important problems of life are all fundamentally insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown”  C.J

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 12:20:42 PM »
Welcome back  :821:

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
Welcome back.