Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Surrey ex Crosstourer  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
Hello from Surrey ex Crosstourer
« on: February 26, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Just switched from a Honda Crosstourer to the XR. My word the Beemer is exciting. A completely different animal and much more comfy sports bike than grand tourer but I needed a change so I'm a very happy bunny.

So far ordered the Evotech rad and oil guards and again the dealer went on on about voiding the warranty but I don't really believe it's an issue just a "not official BMW accessory" line they roll out and the rad just looks far to vulnerable to me to take the risk. Also order the Evo bar weights. Not that I found the vibration an issue and to be honest if I hadn't read about it before hand I wouldn't have noticed it. But now I have I might as well stick some on.

Went for the Puig touring screen. Had them on previous bikes and they've always delivered.

I've also adapted the Givi rack plate from the CT I had before so that's the Top Box sorted. the rest of my stuff whilst touring can go in the dry bag on the back seat.

Can't wait for Saturday morning so I can go out for another blast. Happy days :152:

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
Re: Hello from Surrey ex Crosstourer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »
Welcome - enjoy, its a blast.

Who is your Dealer saying the warranty is voided by fitting radiator and oil cooler guards? 
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
Got it from Motorrad Gloucester. But in their defence whilst they stated the guards would validate the warranty they also admitted they too would fit them and just take them off if there's was any warranty issue needed that could be related to the guards.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »
My dealer is actively promoting them. So they (Mottorad UK wide) are not joined up, policy wise.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline alecg1

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: romford
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:41:28 PM »
Welcome along and enjoy.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »
Welcome Harry, from another newby  :400:

Had mine now for 3 weeks and, although the weather keeps conspiring against me, I'm loving it more every time I ride it.
Now for the first service & the 'scary plug'  :305:

Offline Bertiebot

• XR Junior
  • Bertie
  • Bike: S1000XR & S!000R
  • Town: Derby
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
Just switched from a Honda Crosstourer to the XR. My word the Beemer is exciting. A completely different animal and much more comfy sports bike than grand tourer but I needed a change so I'm a very happy bunny.

So far ordered the Evotech rad and oil guards and again the dealer went on on about voiding the warranty but I don't really believe it's an issue just a "not official BMW accessory" line they roll out and the rad just looks far to vulnerable to me to take the risk. Also order the Evo bar weights. Not that I found the vibration an issue and to be honest if I hadn't read about it before hand I wouldn't have noticed it. But now I have I might as well stick some on.

Went for the Puig touring screen. Had them on previous bikes and they've always delivered.

I've also adapted the Givi rack plate from the CT I had before so that's the Top Box sorted. the rest of my stuff whilst touring can go in the dry bag on the back seat.

Can't wait for Saturday morning so I can go out for another blast. Happy days :152:

I get my S1000XR on Friday and interestingly the dealers demo bike I test rode had pretty much all the Evotech catalogue fitted to it - including radiator and oil cooler guards. They look way nicer than the bare rads too.
Lovely bikes those XRs