Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lowered  (Read 469 times)

Offline Mike

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR Sport SE
  • Town: Beverley
Lowered
« on: July 22, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »
Well finally did it and had bike lowered at Crymarc today and what a difference it's made , no more skipping around on the balls of my feet and much more stable at a stand still especially with a pillion on the back . Don't know why I waited so long . Also should just say after using both lowering links now the Crymarc looks and feels alot better quality than Soupy's
Well chuffed  :152:

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
Re: Lowered
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
Good on you Mike 
Might you have a side view before and after the lowering please?

Offline Mike

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 10:38:15 PM »
 Sorry Warree I haven't but to be honest there's nothing to see . Lowered by 20mm and it hasn't even affected the side stand

Offline cymarcbikeparts

• Approved Vendor
  • XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: SCUNTHORPE
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mike [+]
Well finally did it and had bike lowered at Crymarc today and what a difference it's made , no more skipping around on the balls of my feet and much more stable at a stand still especially with a pillion on the back . Don't know why I waited so long . Also should just say after using both lowering links now the Crymarc looks and feels alot better quality than Soupy's
I'm very pleased we were able to help you and make you more comfortable and confident on your XR, and thank you so much for the feedback!

Ride safe! :028:
Best regards,
Mike - Senior administrator, Cymarc Bike Parts
email - mick@cymarc.co.uk
Phone +44 7715 681911 Mon-Thurs 7-4, and Fri 7-1

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »

Im looking to lower mine a bit also....What specifically makes these better than Soupys links?

Offline Mike

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 05:32:10 AM »
I believe it's a better grade of Stainless and there's just enough thread protruding to get the adjustment you require . The last Soupy's I had (for my Versys) had about 3'' of thread protruding which is the weak point . Also after handling both you can feel the better quality   

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 11:26:06 PM »
I believe it's a better grade of Stainless and there's just enough thread protruding to get the adjustment you require . The last Soupy's I had (for my Versys) had about 3'' of thread protruding which is the weak point . Also after handling both you can feel the better quality   

Thanks for the reply, I will have to check them out.....

dysfunctional