Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Max power  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Captain99

• XR Junior
Max power
« on: February 29, 2016, 11:56:02 PM »
Hi, I'm being a bit anal about when to set my shift light to go off. Anyone know optimum RPM for max acceleration for changing up? Is it 1100 or maybe a touch higher, or lower for that matter?
Cheers
Cpn'

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Max power
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:41:56 AM »
Since this bike can easily be bounced off the rev limiter just about anywhere and at anytime you need to find what you feel is best for the kind of riding you do. I started off with the stock settings and found, pretty quickly, I was ignoring the shift light entirely and winding the motor up much more, she sure comes alive above 9K and with shift assist it takes so little work to maintain that higher rpm range with out it getting too fatiguing. I think mine is set at 10,500 and even then, it is just there as a reminder and when seriously focused is usually not even noticed. At the higher rpm range, the time to hit the rev limiter is very short so I would not worry too much about what is quickest, ride the bike and you will find what works best for the road conditions you find yourself in.

Offline Captain99

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »
Thanks fasttrak, you are right the light is just a visual prompt and to be fair I don't really use a shifting aid I just notice it flashing away in my peripheral vision as obviously I'm more interested at what's up ahead when nailing it. I believe it's supposed to flash 1500rpm or so before optimum revs and go off when it's time to change. I guess I just want to set it right, I will try 10,500 and see how it goes.
Cheers
Cpn'

Offline alecg1

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: romford
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
Me I'm to busy looking where I'm accelerating to tower about a light flashing unless it's blue.

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by alecg1 [+]
Me I'm to busy looking where I'm accelerating to tower about a light flashing unless it's blue.

This. It all gets a bit manic over 9k and the scenery is starting to blur. Focusing on hanging on and where I'm going is all I can manage.