Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wanted brake ROTORS - ABS rings  (Read 582 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Wanted brake ROTORS - ABS rings
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 04:45:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by KirklandMike [+]
UPDATE: For the record, front rotors from an RR DO INDEED FIT the XR perfectly. Any slight thickness difference will not matter as the calipers have plenty of room and are pressing the same regardless. But the ABS rings are very clearly different sizes.
I happen to have an RR and XR in the garage so found that my stock RR front rotors fit perfectly on stock XR rims - I pulled them off to run Dymag wheels. So now I just need to find extra front ABS ring and I'm done. AWESOME...carry on.

Have run Dymags on my X/R for some years  :001:

Offline KirklandMike

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Kirkland
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 04:58:49 PM »
I have an RR and XR so allow me to clarify... Stock RR rotors are not floating, and they bolt directly onto my stock XR rims using same bolts. I have an extra set of stock RR rotors because I upgraded to racing/floating rotors. I also have extra stock set of XR rims because I upgraded to Dymag forged wheels - huge improvement in handling btw.
So with all the bits laying around my garage, I'm almost done building an off-road set of rims for occasional XR trips. Bought rear brake rotor and ABS rings front/rear - didn't cost too much, cheaper than buying yet another bike.

Offline KirklandMike

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Kirkland
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 12:22:29 AM »
FYI turns out front and rear ABS rings are exactly same on XR, unlike RR which has much larger front ring. I'm done, got all the bits I need for set of off-road wheels!

dysfunctional