Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP clutch lever  (Read 599 times)

Offline rs87

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 Triple Black
HP clutch lever
« on: August 10, 2020, 11:00:04 PM »
I have pretty small hands and find the non-adjustable clutch lever a real stretch.

Considering the BMW HP clutch lever, mostly because I won't have to replace the brake lever as well for symmetry reasons (unless I'm mistaken about that part, so I'm also keen to know if it's going to look stupid with just the HP clutch lever fitted and the original brake lever)

Are there any better options available that I should be considering? I can pick up the HP lever for £133 new
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:08:29 PM by rs87 »

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
Re: HP clutch lever
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »
In the US market, the HP lever is silver and the OEM lever is black.  If the same in the UK, you will have a mismatch. I

I have the Synto clutch lever and it shortened the reach by 1", great.  It color matches the brake lever and that's close enough.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:42:10 PM by runnerhiker »

Offline rs87

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 11:40:47 PM »
I'm hoping it is also available in black in the UK: this forum post leads me to think it is

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:43:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by rs87 [+]
I'm hoping it is also available in black in the UK: this forum post leads me to think it is
That would work great!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »
Having spent way too much money on aftermarket levers over the years,my personnel preference is the Canadian Pazzo’s and use them on other bikes,despite emails going back to 2016 they still flatly refuse to make them for the X/R,despite making such for the RR and R....... :230:

Offline rs87

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
Right, so spoke to my local dealer today. They said the part is "anthracite" in colour - not black, just a dark grey colour and they can supply for £132

I don't want to unnecessarily get a HP brake lever since the original one is adjustable and I have no reach problem with it, so I'd love to have some feedback from someone who has the UK spec anthracite HP levers: if I install just the clutch lever, will the colour difference with the brake lever be so noticeable as to look silly?

Offline fozz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000 xr se
  • Town: Somerset
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:42 PM »
Ive done it,original brake lever glossy black with silver wheel adjustment,Hp clutch lever light
ish grey with red lever adjuster, so no not aesthetically pleasing but works and half price :008:

Offline rs87

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 04:12:28 AM »
Cheers @fozz

Offline orbits

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Cotswolds
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 08:32:00 AM »
I can recommend the ABM Synto levers. I thought about HP too, but we’re just a tad pricey. The Syntos look and work great, are black in colour like originals, deffo shorten clutch reach and also have the necessary post on the underside to operate the clutch microswitches.

Whatever route you go, you’ll find the levers are better quality than the piece of cr@p mounts they fit in to. Rough castings with poor finish. One of the XRs few lower points that I’d have thought BMW could have done better on.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:33:31 AM by orbits »

Offline rs87

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 05:35:02 PM »
I'm a short person, so thinking whether or not a short version of these might be appropriate rather than the longer one? I usually ride with my hands right close to the inner edge of the grip...

dysfunctional