Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyres  (Read 1614 times)

Offline seismic_gunner

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR SE
  • Town: Scarborough
Tyres
« on: August 13, 2020, 05:05:33 PM »
Ok so I'm not sure if this has been covered before elsewhere, i'm sure it has  :008:, and i'm pretty sure someone will put me right  :001:..
At the moment i am running Michelin Pilot Roads, and due to the fact that I am lets say a " spirited " rider, I was wondering if anyone on here has used anything a little more sporty ? .. I was considering trying a set of the new Pilot Power's ?. Don't get me wrong the Pilot Roads are good, just thinking out loud  :016:

Sorry just seen there is a topic for tyres  :430: :431: :157:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 05:08:21 PM by seismic_gunner »

Offline Mareng1

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »
Metz M9RR seem to get rave reviews in the sports category.

Not had anything other than Sports-touring on mine, though.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 08:52:21 PM »
Power RS or Road 05 for me.

Offline CNC-REPAIRS

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »
I’ve run road 5 managed 3400 miles could lay black lines out of bends in dynamic using the tc found them to be a fabulous tyre wet or dry. I could feel the tread moving around at lean and on the brakes and gas but couldn’t fault them had the rear step out a couple times after I think it over heated at lean but no drama.  They were that good I’m now running power 5 😂😂😂 these are very similar But they do not move  at lean or on the brakes I ran them in on wet roads with out drama.very impressive can’t offer mileage as after 1093 miles I’ve got a nail in the rear will have the tyre levers out tomorrow. Off to donington on the 27 with the power 5 see how they handle it. I’m used to slicks on trackday but intrigued to see how the xr handles it!!

Offline fozz

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000 xr se
  • Town: Somerset
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 07:53:10 AM »
Im trying my first set of 5' s and have to say im impressed!,they seem very stable wet or dry,must be softer on the edges than im used too as after 360 miles in Wales last weekend the rear is starting to look like ive done a track day!.
i usually fit a new set of road 4's  every 3k so be interesting to see the comparison.

Offline millview

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by fozz [+]
Im trying my first set of 5' s and have to say im impressed!,they seem very stable wet or dry,must be softer on the edges than im used too as after 360 miles in Wales last weekend the rear is starting to look like ive done a track day!.
i usually fit a new set of road 4's  every 3k so be interesting to see the comparison.

Same here - first set of PR5s a couple of weeks ago; they are excellent.
BMW S1000XR TE

Offline MattR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
Topic moved to "Tyres" board

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »
Road 5 work well for me, but I am more sport / touring, without the extremes  :305:
PSH

Offline Cheifbeerdrinker

• XR Member
  • Personal text
  • Bike: Shake and Bake
  • Town: Back2backWWChamp
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
Q3+ right now and not a complaint. I will most likely go with the bt016 next round. Simply bc if cost and performance. I also don’t ride in the rain anymore.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by millview [+]
Same here - first set of PR5s a couple of weeks ago; they are excellent.

Sorry for being a pedantic twat  :027:...but there's no such animal as a PR5..! They're just called "Road 5" now. Michelin has dropped the "Pilot" name from them.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional