Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: NEW 2020 Sargent is Coming...  (Read 1717 times)

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Pensacola Beach
NEW 2020 Sargent is Coming...
on: August 15, 2020, 04:39:37 PM
I have owned 2 Sargent seats on my previous motorcycles (17 Motus and a 18XR)  and love them. So I went to the Sargent website to get one for my 2020XR, but it was not available. After communicating with Sargent, they decided to develop a seat using my XR. I finally picked up my XR from Sargent this week. They had my bike a few weeks. As we know the seat is totally different from previous years. During my visit I got to meet with the president and founder, Mark Todd.  Sargent has a huge operation and a world-wide presence. Afterwards, I rode 380 mikes back home with one gas stop. What a difference, the seat is extremely comfortable, no pressure points and no seams digging into my butt. The cover has the right mix of smoothness and friction. Most of all, I did not feel like I was being pushed into the tank like OEM. I have the prototype seat at this point. Because of how BMW designed the frame and seat interface, it is quite a challenge to make a seat that is comfortable. Seems to me that the seat was the last thing on their minds when they built the bike. The foam Sargent used allowed them to shape it and computer digitize the design for their follow-on patented comfort foam. In a few months they will have the multi density foam seat in stock, and I will travel back to get my seat redone with the patented production foam. It will be even better than my prototype!  In the future Sargent will offer this new seat foam and a cover that you can customize to your bike on a 48-hour turnaround. (I asked for the matching red piping) They call it their Revolution seat (they use your seat pan).  We will all have to watch their website for availability.

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Re: NEW 2020 Sargent is Coming...
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 04:45:14 PM

Picture is here

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 08:19:30 PM
Looks interesting although i’d Pass on the red beading  :003:

Offline dkdavid

• XR Member
  • Bike: gen 2 s1000 xr
  • Town: Papplewick Notti
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 11:58:16 AM
Looks excellent, it will be a while before we get this in the uk.
Gen 2 S1000xr and that’s it.

Offline BIKEAMA

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR Low
  • Town: Stockton CA
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 04:48:14 PM
Looks good. Do have a question, looks like a one-piece seat how do they use your seat pan?  My 2020 XR is a two-piece seat?

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
Not too sure what you reference, but here in the US the seat pan is one piece and they do use your seat pan.  Their product is now known as a Revolution seat.... In the future if there is enough interest they will make the seat pan as well, it is known as their world seat...

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 01:09:43 AM
*Originally Posted by WildBill [+]
Not too sure what you reference, but here in the US the seat pan is one piece and they do use your seat pan.  Their product is now known as a Revolution seat.... In the future if there is enough interest they will make the seat pan as well, it is known as their world seat...

All XR's 2015 through 19 and even the 2020's are a single piece seat pan.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline BIKEAMA

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR Low
  • Town: Stockton CA
Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 02:30:45 AM
*Originally Posted by WildBill [+]

I stand corrected. Still thinking about the Ducati seat, it was an excellent seat.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 01:11:14 PM
Am I alone in thinking Sargent seats look hideous :-)

They look like they should be on a horse not a motorbike :-)

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 02:22:11 PM
It is about, COMFORT... You can customize the look anyway you want...  It was my preference on the piping.........