Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: NEW 2020 Sargent is Coming...  (Read 1551 times)

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Pensacola Beach
Re: NEW 2020 Sargent is Coming...
Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:37 PM
Website is up..  48 hour turn around.   $400 to $419..   More if you want it with heat.   Also available world wide through their operations in Wales..

Offline raserdad

• XR Junior
Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 08:41:10 PM
Have you had a chance to ride on the new  Sargent seat on your 2020 I am looking at one also and was curious if it is actually the same height to the ground or whether it is taller is the foam any wider than stock is it softer than stock any other input you can give would be appreciated thanks I like the looks of it to each their own

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 12:06:58 PM
Have a few thousand miles on it.  Great seat!  Now I only stop for gas on a long trip, no need to rest for your butt.   Sargent was real conscious about not increasing the seat height.  They are well aware about how tall the bike already is. I would say it might be a bit softer. It does not make you slide into the tank. It has variable density foams (including memory foam) in various places.  I watched them pour the multi layer process at the factory. It has a very small valley in the center that takes the pressure off your parts..   It is a great seat that you can customize the styling on the cover...

Offline raserdad

• XR Junior
Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 12:09:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply sounds like it's a really good seat I haven't even had a chance to ride my bike yet as I just bought it here a month ago and in Canada we will have snow for at least another month might not get out on it till April but debating whether to just go ahead and buy the seat anyway if I have any more questions I'll write them on here later on my way to work have a good one

Offline raserdad

• XR Junior
Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 12:17:30 PM
This is a little off-topic but what windshield are you running and how do you find it covers you as far as wind protection and buffering on your helmet just trying to get my bike lined out before riding season thanks

Offline WildBill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 12:33:21 PM
Using  the BMW stock tall windshield. does OK, I'm 5'10'.  Might consider something else for + 55mph highway work...

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 01:30:38 PM
Wish you guys the very best of luck finding that magic combo of seat and screen, be it gen 1 or 2, never even had the original stock seat even when new,my gen 1 came with the high HP.

In the end took years...4 screens and 3 seats later found that sweet spot, although in fairness the majority of the time ride two up which comes with its own quirks... :164:

Offline runnerhiker

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '19 S1000XR
  • Town: Niwot CO USA
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 04:43:23 PM
I agree that finding the magic combo for the XR is a challenge.  The shape of the bike, the frame, the gas tank, etc, leaves little room for after market seat makers to work their magic.  Here is my seat parade.  The ultimate winner is the Wunderlich Tall seat.  It's all personal preference.

The others.
Sargent - made a great first impression but was too hard for all day trips.
Corbin - made a bad first impression, made it difficult to touch the ground even on tip toes, at the end of all day ride it was better than the Sargent, at the beginning of all day ride was much worse than the Sargent.
OEM HP - a show room floor seat to help reach the ground with my feet.
Wunderlich standard seat - similarly shaped to HP seat with similar problem, pushed my crotch towards gas tank.
Wunderlich tall seat - the least offensive and best combination.  I can reach the ground with my tip toes, it does not push me towards the tank, has enough cushion to be comfortable after a long ride, looks similar to the OEM seat which I think is a good thing.

I returned the HP seat to Wunderlich for a credit, I intend to sell the Corbin, I might keep the Sargent.

Offline raserdad

• XR Junior
Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 12:08:22 AM
I have been riding a Kawasaki concourse since 2014 first I had a 2011 and a 2015 and a 2018 and the seat and windshield combination were hard to figure out but the windshield was a calsci windshield and with the windshield up at 60 miles an hour it was dead quiet behind it and no pressure in front or behind you I contacted calsci  but they do not make one for the 2020 S 1000 XR but is planning to you in the next month or so so we'll have to wait and see while I made my own windshield and as soon as it gets warm and I take it out and give it a try still on the fence about mailing off a brand new seat to be recovered but I've never actually ridden  on. is the stock seat that bad it doesn't feel that comfortable in my garage

dysfunctional