Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated grips?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Heated grips?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 10:39:09 PM »
I don’t either with 3 cars and a van between two of us our/my days of freezing balls off or other wise  :001:voluntarily or other wise are long, so how good the heated grips is purely an academic one.

Online smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 03:48:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I don’t either with 3 cars and a van between two of us our/my days of freezing balls off or other wise  :001:voluntarily or other wise are long, so how good the heated grips is purely an academic one.

I hear ya....too old to freeze my bollocks off these days, when I lived in SW Sydney a couple of years ago it often got below 0c in winter....had to send out a search party to find my scrotum. :086: ....plus I'm lazy and will take the car if needs be.. :034:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline rs87

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 Triple Black
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]

Yeah, I have a car too, so it's usually by choice I freeze my balls off. However, I live in London and there's now a congestion charge 7 days a week until 10pm, so anytime I need to go into the centre, it's either use the bike or use the public transport. And I'm certainly not setting foot in one of those petri dishes  :001:

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:46 PM »
So, are the heated grips on the new XR 2020 hotter than on the pre 2020 bikes?  :305:
PSH

Offline scotti

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Teesside
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »
Yes.  At least the ones on my bike are, though i had no problems with the previous version either.  They also have 3 levels, rather than 2.
Regards
Scotti

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by scotti [+]
Yes.  At least the ones on my bike are, though i had no problems with the previous version either.  They also have 3 levels, rather than 2.

But are they actually hotter, and do they stay on as well? Pre 2020 bikes were not hot enough in cold weather (4C in UK) and you could hardly feel them when riding, also had a tendency to switch on and off as you rode along so you ended up with cold hands on a cold day.  :305:
PSH

Offline scotti

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Teesside
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
Had them on in Scotland for 5 days over last weekend and a bit.  No problems.  Warmer than pre-2020 and more controllable.
Regards
Scotti

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 09:51:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by scotti [+]
Had them on in Scotland for 5 days over last weekend and a bit.  No problems.  Warmer than pre-2020 and more controllable.

Sounds encouraging, :305: but you cant really test them until we get the real cold weather
PSH

dysfunctional