Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 S1000XR Windscreens - Standard vs Comfort vs MRA Touring Vario  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Stav

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Cambridgeshire
Re: 2020 S1000XR Windscreens - Standard vs Comfort vs MRA Touring Vario
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by esso_sa [+]
I don't know, haven't fitted it yet. Not sure that I'm going to find out until spring, riding season is most likely finished here where I live.
I can only share my experience with standard/comfort screens and tell you that the comfort screen is much better than standard. However, it too has some issues at highway speeds (some buffeting at the top of the helmet and wind noise), so I hope that spoiler on MRA screen will make a difference. They are not so much different in size

That's great, no worries. My bike came with the comfort screen, I'm 1,83m tall. At the low position I get too much buffeting and at the high position it's OK but not great.
I think I'll get the MRA Touring screen and see how it goes. I had one on my old Tiger 800 and it was considerably better than the stock screen... Every bike is different though.

All the best

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stav [+]
That's great, no worries. My bike came with the comfort screen, I'm 1,83m tall. At the low position I get too much buffeting and at the high position it's OK but not great.
I think I'll get the MRA Touring screen and see how it goes. I had one on my old Tiger 800 and it was considerably better than the stock screen... Every bike is different though.

All the best

1,78m here, and almost identical experience. Low position directs air to the middle of my helmet visor, lots of wind noise, and in high it directs it to the top of my forehead, less noise but some turbulences at the top of my helmet.
It's fine at speeds below 90 km/h, nice and calm, but not so nice at highway speeds. I'm sure MRA will fix this.
BTW, MRA now offers 2 models of their Vario screens for the 2020 XR. Touring (which I got), and X Screen which comes with even bigger spoiler. However, it's very ugly IMHO
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:52:51 AM by esso_sa »

Offline WilkoRR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Northants
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 10:00:45 PM »
Hi

I’m 1.93/95kg and having switched to this screen it’s a big improvement albeit not as quiet as the shorties, who must enjoy solitude with helmet behind the scrren height. Turbulence is significantly reduced so a decent buy from my perspective.
Champagne tastes, beer income...

Offline flafonta

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Richardson
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »
Just got the Powerbronze. Not as good looking as the sport windscreen, but the wind buffeting was terrible for me (5'11") with the OEM windscreen. Did a quick test ride and feels much better.

Offline WilkoRR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Northants
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »
Definitely the best colour for this bike. I like my grey version, but if I could re-wind the decision I’d have in the M-Sport colours.
Champagne tastes, beer income...