Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch cable position on 2020  (Read 362 times)

Offline esso_sa

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
Clutch cable position on 2020
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
Noticed that on my 2020 XR the clutch cable is routed just behind the coolant radiator, and completely touching its cooling core feathers, while the most pressure at the aluminium edge of the core. And on that spot clutch cable already has some traces of melting on its plastic shield.
I hooked it with a zip tie and moved it 1-2 cm's away from the radiator core, but it's still touching that radiator edge...
I wonder if this is the case on all 2020 models and simply the way they fit the cable in factory or just an isolated problem on mine ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:38:44 AM by esso_sa »

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Clutch cable position on 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »
Doesnt sound at all good. Take it back to the dealer if you can  :305:
PSH

Offline esso_sa

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
Re: Clutch cable position on 2020
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:56:49 AM »
I don't have a picture of how it was, but the cable was basically going diagonally over the entire coolant radiator, touching the core and its edges completely.
This picture is how i "fixed" it with zip tie - pulled it to the side (you can see the zip tie) and solved the part where it was touching the core, but you can see that it still sits on aluminium core edge, where it joins the plastic frame...
I don't see a proper solution except fitting a shorter cable (which doesn't exist) which would pull it away from the radiator. Or maybe slip something over the cable to act as a "shield" at the part where it's touching the radiator...
I checked one XR at the dealer showroom and the cable sits exactly the same, so this is obviously how the bikes come from factory. Dealer says it's fine.
But I would really love to hear some feedback about this from other Gen 2 owners and are their clutch cables really installed the same way...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:14:55 AM by esso_sa »