Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member - Rijswijk Netherlands  (Read 387 times)

Offline AntoineS

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR 2020
  • Town: Rijswijk
New Member - Rijswijk Netherlands
« on: September 02, 2020, 01:14:02 PM »
Hi,

Got the Ice Gray BMW S1000 XR delivered three weeks ago. Already had the first 1000 km service to unlock the goodies.
Love the bike! Sold my KTM Super Duke GT after four years. Also a great but different bike.

BR,

Antoine 

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: New Member - Rijswijk Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »
Hiya

Met a Dutch guy and his girl friend on a camp site in the (SoF) seems like a millions year ago, living in Utrecht, then they moved Dordrecht, then Breda and now Middelburg... so I’ve seen a little more of Holland than some...

Re the bike..at least two of us on here have both bikes so that is some decision you had to make phewww 

Chris
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:49:21 PM by Winger »

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Few things in life are as perfect as my XR.
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »
 :400: :305:
PSH

Offline dkdavid

• XR Member
  • Bike: gen 2 s1000 xr
  • Town: Papplewick Notti
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:42:45 AM »
Hello.
Gen 2 S1000xr and that’s it.

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »
Welcome.   :002:

Offline AntoineS

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR 2020
  • Town: Rijswijk
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Hiya
Re the bike..at least two of us on here have both bikes so that is some decision you had to make phewww 

Chris

Yes, that was an interesting decision. After riding the KTM for four years with its tremendous torque, the BMW is a different bike.
But after four years, I wanted to ride a new bike and KTM did not make any progress on the GT. I needed to bring quite a lot of money on the same bike.
Also, the BMW has better wind protection, fine detailing, and from a personal perspective better handling. As I sold the KTM to my buddy, the KTM is always available for a ride.
The big difference is cornering. Where the KTM has all the torque at low revs, the BMW needs about 6k rpm to keep up. But, accelerating 0-200 km/h its a minor difference.
And the rest is all about driving skills :001:. Within two weeks, I will take the BMW to the Eifel in Germany. I'm very curious to see how that will be.

dysfunctional