Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 XR finally arrived  (Read 3847 times)

Offline CurnoB

• XR Junior
  • CurnoB
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Tonbridge
Re: 2020 XR finally arrived
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shunt [+]
Loving it so far, a bit top heavy from my old S1KR but a much nicer ride. Trying it with Mrs Shunt on the back later, it's a tighter squeeze in the garage too.

Very nice! Hopefully I will get my one next week. Enjoy your new ride.
XR Member

Offline JCK

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Ninja 400
  • Town: Ghent
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
What is the time to delivery for new bikes ordered in September ? :305:

About 1,5 - 2 months according to my local dealership (in Belgium).

Offline bmsouls

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s 1000 xr
  • Town: Northumberland
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »
 : Hi eventually got my xr after a long wait :047: would like to ask a couple of questions,i paid for esa pro is this linked in with dynamic pro just i cant seem to turn it on anywhere doesnt seem to say in the manual,secondly cant get the load settings up it shows them in manual but thats about it (rider only rider with luggage etc) hope you guys can help ?could do with weather to warm up a tad so i can get it run in before the gritters appear :013:

Offline Macduff

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »
I don't believe ESA pro is a user configuration option and you'll probably have to get the dealer to check why its not enabled.

Online serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 11:37:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shunt [+]
Loving it so far, a bit top heavy from my old S1KR but a much nicer ride. Trying it with Mrs Shunt on the back later, it's a tighter squeeze in the garage too.

I hope your little sledgehammer isn't part of the kit you take with you on rides?  :745:
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...

Offline Shunt

• XR Junior
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »
I'd struggle squeezing the sledge hammer under the seat so no. It is the perfect height to lift the bike vertical so I can get both cars in though. 👍

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 10:54:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by bmsouls [+]
: Hi eventually got my xr after a long wait :047: would like to ask a couple of questions,i paid for esa pro is this linked in with dynamic pro just i cant seem to turn it on anywhere doesnt seem to say in the manual,secondly cant get the load settings up it shows them in manual but thats about it (rider only rider with luggage etc) hope you guys can help ?could do with weather to warm up a tad so i can get it run in before the gritters appear :013:

No, it's not linked to Dynamic Pro in a way you just described.
If you have ESA Pro on your bike, long pressing the suspension button while the bike is stationary will enable you to switch between 2 preload options - AUTO and MIN (non ESA Pro - 1 helmet, 2 helmets, 2 helmets with luggage). Short pressing the button (stationary or moving) switches the damping between Dynamic and Road (non ESA Pro models can't switch between dumping modes. It will show you a message that you need ESA Pro in order to do that).

Offline bmsouls

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s 1000 xr
  • Town: Northumberland
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 06:25:04 PM »
Hi ,thanks i knew someone would know,thats exactly what i have .Done 520 miles on it this week so getting used to it running dynamic pro ,engine mode,road ,auto for suspension switching to dynamic on the twisties if road surface allows,thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:27:14 PM by bmsouls »

Offline Andy W

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »
I picked up my new 2020XR on Saturday just gone. Same as yours except the black panel up the fuel tank is Red on mine.

Enjoy!

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Andy Woodrow [+]
I picked up my new 2020XR on Saturday just gone. Same as yours except the black panel up the fuel tank is Red on mine. Enjoy!

So it's a 2021 model..?? Build date August or later..??

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional