Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What would you want in M1000xr  (Read 591 times)

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • XR my Vanagandr
  • Bike: 2016 XR
  • Town: Incheon City
What would you want in M1000xr
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:02:41 AM »
New M1000rr was released, few extra ponies, weight reduction, decals(not my favourite), suspension and brakes.

I would like to see XR with a similar engine tuned slightly more on torque side but HP for track.

Esa more track/twisties focused and similar modes as RR.

Share similar brakes as RR but change from blue

What are you hoping for?
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckI3qetJ9IbhcxF-ozgreA
Enjoy my XR videos

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: What would you want in M1000xr
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »
The new offering on the RR front is very pretty i’ll Give it that, but the reality is.... you can upgrade either the current X/R or like Smithy and I have done the Gen1, I found the most difficult part is getting off one’s ass and doing it..... fancy paint job aside..and maybe the odd carbon wing  :001:

And certainly for any kind of focused or upgraded bike is quality suspension, my preference has always been either Ohlins or Wilber, i’ve Managed to avoid ESA like the plague...it’s just a bodge for those who can’t be bothered to do any mods themselves, sadly I’v had my first intro into ESA with my KTMGT which doesn’t have an option...and I rest my case on what I have already said, it’ll do but a world away from quality kit.

Offline SwiftTone

• XR Member
  • Town: Boston, MA
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »
M1000XR will be highly unlikely because M1000RR purpose is for homologation into racing.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
sure I'll have one at the low low prive of just £30,935  :033: :745: WTF! still I guess it's almost £4000 less then the Ducati Panigale V4 R, so a bargain I guess.

After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by SwiftTone [+]
M1000XR will be highly unlikely because M1000RR purpose is for homologation into racing.

Have a look at WSB and what Tom Sykes currently rides...they sure as hell don’t need to homologate this bike or the next, BMW over the years have been guilty of some major cock ups...who thinks the bikes in WSB are run by BMW???, they are run by Shaun Muir Racing good old cheap skate BM again  :003:

Offline Boneman1

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Southampton
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 07:52:27 PM »
Look up the BMW Motorrad you tube video on the release of the M 1000RR. Tom Skyes interviewed who said that a lot of the testing and WSB data sent almost live to BMW.

Offline SwiftTone

• XR Member
  • Town: Boston, MA
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 08:13:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Have a look at WSB and what Tom Sykes currently rides...they sure as hell don’t need to homologate this bike or the next, BMW over the years have been guilty of some major cock ups...who thinks the bikes in WSB are run by BMW???, they are run by Shaun Muir Racing good old cheap skate BM again  :003:

You don't stay on top by stopping development and remain static.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 09:08:44 PM »
You must be watching a different WSB series to me then BM most certainly ain’t on top or even close, they need to stop dancing around their handbag and run a full factory team like Honda and Ducati, Kawasaki have a very complicated set up but it does work.

dysfunctional