Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 2020 S1000XR MRA Screen arrived and fitted today,and test ride.  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Molsal

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
My MRA Vario screen arrived as promised today and was duly fitted.
Main points:
Fantastic quality, better than the very scratch prone OEM, and thicker.
Fittings are good, black in colour, but you could easily use the OEM ones if you prefer.
I can clean all of the inside of the screen when in the high position, a real bonus for my OCD
After some adjustment ,I can ride at 60mph with my visor up , just a gentle airflow to my face, that's screen up.
Noise in my helmet has reduced in equal measure , I have a Scorpion EXO 1400 carbon, it's not the quietest I've ever had but certainly the lightest by some margin.
If you go down this route you will need a 2.5mm hex key if you wish to use the supplied fixings!

Hope thats been of some help to those thinking of a replacement screen on a 2020 S1000 XR
I tried in vain to upload some photos sorry but it's not the normal forum upload method.

Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:05:37 AM by Molsal

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
Re: 2020 S1000XR MRA Screen arrived and fitted today,and test ride.
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 09:19:51 AM
Thanks for the impressions. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I went for the smoked/grey one.
Have you tried adjusting the spoiler ? And is the wind still hitting your helmet, or it's going completely over ?

Offline Molsal

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:48:31 PM
I've tried prety much all the positions,it was blowing a hoolie yesterday, so not the kindest test, in the position shown I had very little wind, just a breeze.I rode visor up.I'm six foot but have quite short legs and a long torso, so prbably akin to a well proportioned 6ft 2" rider.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:50:19 PM by Molsal

Offline Delta949

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR MY20
  • Town: FVG
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 06:58:34 PM
I'll try to take this post, without opening a new one unnecessarily.

Your impressions have been very useful for me.

I would kindly ask you if you have noticed any particular vibrations of the upper part of the windscreen while driving (perhaps at high speeds or on bumps).

Thanks in advance.  :158:
"If in doubt, flat out" Colin McRae.

Offline Molsal

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 12:34:41 AM
No issues at all, the fastest I've been with it fitted and in the high position is 129mph, it behaved perfectly. All on a private road of course.

Offline Delta949

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR MY20
  • Town: FVG
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:19 AM
Ok good, thanks for quick reply.
Thing is, I am using the OEM "sport" windshield that has zero wind protection, so I was planning to replace it.

I already tried the VStream Z2393, but it generates high turbolences on my helmet at speeds near 60mph, very difficult to drive with. I'm tall like you.

Think I am going to give MRA a try, since also many other people have had benefits with it.
"If in doubt, flat out" Colin McRae.

Offline Molsal

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
I can comfortably ride visor up at motorway speeds when warm enough! nothing more than a brisk breeze hitting my face , very comfy.